A Perfect Mess

Ivy's POV

I stood in front of the mirror in my bedroom. I was looking at the small bump that protruded from my stomach. My vision blurred with tears at the sight. The t-shirts I wore didn't hide the bump anymore. I found out that I was two months pregnant, two months ago. Making me four months now.

'I have to tell mom.' I thought to myself, 'She'll figure it out on her own soon.'

'I can't be alone when I tell her, I need moral support.' I hugged my stomach. I knew that technically I wasn't alone, but it wasn't enough.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened the speed dial app. The first two names on the list were the only two people I trusted to help me: Matty <3 and Nadia✝✝.

I debated between which one to call for a few minutes. I really wanted both of them with me when I told my mom the truth, but I knew the moment I laid eyes on Matt, I would start crying. I began to tear up again just at the thought of it.

I finally decided to just call Nadia. I took a few deep breaths and hit the call button. I anxiously tapped my nails against my stomach while I waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" She asked, when the call picked up.

"Hey Nadia, it's Ivy. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come over and hang out? We can watch a comedy and binge eat chocolate ice cream." I said, trying not let the shakiness in my voice be noticeable.

"Oh, hey! Yeah that sounds cool. What time?" She asked.

"As soon as possible." I replied, my voice cracked as I held back tears.

"Oh, um... yeah, of course. I'll be over in like five minutes, okay?" She said.

"Okay. I'll see you in a bit. Bye." I said.

Nadia said goodbye, and I quickly hung up the phone. I started to cry. I knew that Nadia could tell I was trying not to. Once I got the emotions out, I walked into my closet and pulled out my favorite hoodie. It was one of the hoodies that Matt had left in my dorm room at St. Cecilia's. It was the only one I kept after we broke up; it meant too much to me. It was always too big for me; due to Matt being so damn tall, so it would hide my bump easily.

I threw the hoodie over my head, and looked back at my reflection. The dark blue cotton of the hoodie made my eyes pop. I brought the long sleeves to my face and breathed in. It still smelled like his cologne. A small smile formed on my lips. I wiped the tears from my eyes and cheeks.

I walked downstairs to get the ice cream. I couldn't find any in the freezer, which confused me, because I saw it earlier. I walked into the living room, and found my mom reading a magazine.

"Um... Hey mom?" I asked, to get her attention.

She looked up from the magazine and smiled at me. I tried to remain calm.

"Yes dear?" She replied.

"Do you know what happened to the chocolate ice cream that was in the freezer? Nadia's coming over, and I told her we could have some." I told her.

"Oh yes, I had a small bowl a few minutes ago. I must have forgot to put it away. It should be on the counter." Mom said with a smile.

"Okay, thanks." I replied. I quickly turned around to head back to the kitchen, but mom stopped me.

"Oh, Ivy. On the subject of food; I've noticed that you have been eating a lot lately. Much more than usual. Are you okay?" She said.

'Shit. She knows. I have to stall until Nadia gets here.' I thought to myself. I balled my hands into fists and turned around to face her.