Chapter Fifty-Two

I should have gotten suspicious when I found a small note on my hotel room door.  Typed, not handwritten.  Just like the one on the tulip, which I had pressed in a book.  Though the note placement itself wasn't as omnious, the message was.  

Meet me in the empty storage room three doors down.  Do not turn on the light when you enter.  I wish to surprise you.  

Though the letter was a bit frightening, I kept thinking that this would give me all the answers I needed.  I didn't want to fret over my secret admirer while trying to calm the lads before their show.  We were leaving the next morning, and it was already late, but my curiousity got the best of me.  

Tucking the note in my skirt pocket, I walked slowly down to the hall.  As soon as I reached the storage closet, I knocked quietly on the door.  When no one answered, I turned the handle, surprised that it was unlocked.  Arms reached out from the darkness and grabbed me, slamming the door.  I felt my fingers brush the lightswitch but the person pulled me away before I could flip it.  I shouted and whimpered, "Please don't hurt me," before the person held me close and whispered, "Shh."  The man spoke in a comically low voice, which I knew had to be fake.  "I have no intention to hurt you."

I didn't realize I was shaking until the man brushed a hand across my cheek.  In the darkness, I couldn't see a thing.  And the light coming from underneath the door was dim, so it didn't help.  "Who are you?" I whispered.  The man didn't say a word, which made me even more frightened.  

"Don't be afraid," the low voice was somewhat soothing.  "Why should I hurt the object of my affection?"  I gasped, and tried to pull away from this person, but he pulled me back.  A moment later, warm lips met mine.  At first I was startled, for this was definitely not want I was expecting to happen.  Shoving him away from me, I stumbled backwards before the man caught me.  After pulling me back towards him, he whispered in my ear, "Don't you trust me?"

"I-I can't see you," I stuttered.  

The man kissed down my neck, which hurt because of the bruises, so I held back a yelp of pain.  "There are many things that you can't see in this world, but you still believe in them, don't you, Elle?"  I jumped when he said my name.  The voice almost began to sound familiar.  

The invisible man kissed me once more, but gently this time.  Honestly, it felt wonderful.  This couldn't have been Paul.  He wasn't the sort to pull this kind of trick.  Ringo had no romantic interest in me.  John seemed like he didn't give a care.  George...

Would this be some sick trick he would play?  He would drive me insane not knowing who this handsome, charismatic man was, only to reveal later that it was him.  It was just a joke.  

Or was this a new way to try and start over again?

It had to be someone who was traveling with us.  For a fleeting moment, I immediately thought Brian, but dismissed it.  He could barely say goodnight properly to me, nevermind had thoughts of kissing me.  I wasn't the kind of person he went after anyway.

The man who I assumed was George pressed me up against the wall, caressing my cheek as he kissed me passionately.  Believing my assumptions, I ran a hand through his hair, deepening the kiss.  The man moaned softly into my lips.  

Though, as I held him, I began to worry.  This man felt bigger than George, and was more confident.  You could tell by the way he held me, kissed me.  I pushed him away after a bit of this to take a breath, and whispered, "George?  Is that you?"

The man didn't respond.  He told me to turn around and close my eyes.  I shook my head, and then after realizing he couldn't see that, I told him no.