9. Nate - 2: The Relationships

Start from the beginning

Hayyel did not seem pleased though. “You have injured four of my best stallions! You cannot go off without my supervision again.”

Nathaniel rolled his eyes. It was not the first and most likely not the last time he had heard such a thing.

“So what class do I have now? Herding? Washing? Hatching?”

“Something entirely different,” Hayyel responded quickly. “I have dealt with you long enough for today.”

Nathaniel smirked at his answer. Most of his superiors had told him that. “Something different? Cooking then?”

“No.”

“Really?” Nathaniel asked curiously. What class could he possibly have now then? There was no other that he had yet to learn. “What else should be in store for me today?”

“An audience with Regina,” Hayyel replied.

Nathaniel stopped short in his response. The Queen of the Angels wanted to speak with him? He couldn’t exactly comprehend why.

“Now is your time to meet with her,” Hayyel continued. “Every angel reaches this age eventually. Come. Let us be on our way.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

To say that Nathaniel was nervous would’ve been an understatement. He didn’t know what to think or what to say to the queen. He sat in a chair in her designated office space and waited for her arrival. He was completely alone and unsure of what he should be doing.

Suddenly, the door entered and Nathaniel immediately stood. He bowed as a tall brunette walked into the room. She had a full face and wore a silver sparkling robe. She had snow white wings just like every other angel in Heaven. She was also the only angel that was ever seen with a golden halo resting on her head.

She nodded to Nathaniel and moved to sit across from him. Nathaniel was so nervous that he kept his head bowed and his eyes glued to the ground until Regina laughed and told him to sit. He did so robotically and slumped into the chair near him. Then he immediately straightened out and took a deep breath. He was really nervous.

“Relax,” Regina finally said comfortingly. She had a nice and inviting smile. Nathaniel laughed lightly at his behavior and apologized. Regina only smiled having dealt with angels like him all the time.

“You are our only Angel of Fire. How odd and what an honor!”

Nathaniel smiled but didn’t agree. He would’ve loved to have any sort of companionship in his lifetime besides his superiors. He didn’t dare complain about that to the queen though.

“You are here today to allow me to just talk to you. There is no harm in that. I will not be asking anything directly of you. You are well on your way to making it to Heaven and receiving and audience with God. That is the highest honor available for angels and there should be no problems in achieving it. There are a few obstacles that stand in your way though. Overcoming them will be your real test.”

Regina paused and allowed Nathaniel a moment of silence. He furrowed his eyebrows at her words.

“What are my obstacles?”

Regina sent him a sad smile. “Sadly, I cannot tell you directly. It is up to you to decide your own fate. You are an attractive male though and that can be your downfall. You have been taught your sins, correct?”

“Every day since creation,” Nathaniel confirmed. He knew them all by heart and of the top of his head. Every angel was taught them almost immediately.