4. Hedone - 1: The Explanation

“She’s beautiful.”

Psyche and Eros stared down lovingly at their newborn daughter. The small baby was sleeping soundly in a cradle made especially for her.

“She is the perfect symbol of our love,” Eros announced kissing his bride.

It hadn’t been long after their marital status became official to the gods that Psyche had the baby that she and Eros had conceived. Eros had moved his Earth bound temple up to Olympus where he and Psyche could then live in peace with their new family.

Psyche gently picked up their daughter in her arms and the baby squirmed and awoke. She had a thick head of dark brunette hair and bright blue eyes.

“She resembles her father,” Psyche cooed.

Eros smiled down at his daughter and wife. Here where the two most treasured women in his life. Just a few months ago he couldn’t have even imagined this.

Psyche sighed while she rocked her beloved child in her arms. “If only she could be this tiny forever…”

“Forever is a long time,” Eros commented. “There would be many tantrums and messes to clean in forever. Surely if you want to keep her young for our sake, we should choose a more suitable age.”

“I do not truly want her this young forever,” Psyche admitted. “I would never wish to rob her of her life. She is just my first and only child and I want to treasurer every moment of her life and my life as a mother.”

Eros smiled understanding her concern. “We can always have more children should you fail to feel like a mother.”

Psyche shook her head decidedly. “I shall never love another child the way I do her.”

“Yes,” Eros agreed. “We shall have to wait and see if that changes.”

“It will not,” Psyche commented. There was a pause between the two of them as the baby in Psyche’s hands squirmed about. She blinked her large and curious eyes around glancing between her parents.

“Could we not just slow her aging?” Psyche asked as her daughter let out a few coos herself. “I just wish to love her at every moment of her life.

Eros thought about the proposal. “I am certain that we could arrange something.”

Psyche smiled over at her husband and gave him a peck on his cheek. “She needs a name.”

They both glanced at their daughter in Psyche’s arms.

“Hedone,” Eros decided. The baby squirmed and let out a small little wail.

Psyche began to soothe and rock her again. “That sounds perfect.”

She is perfect.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Time and history passed. The world went through changes and the gods lost a lot of their power. They sunk back into the shadows or the world of Olympus. They had to work in more mysterious ways and hide themselves away from the public.

They became part of a subject known as “mythology” that most of the great gods took offense to. There was nothing they could do though. They became unreal figments of imagination and the gods had to become secrets.

Because they had to hide in Olympus, they had to expand. A suburb to Olympus was created to house all the minor gods and goddess that had to hide away in that world called Olympia Lane.