2.Sandwiches

Esther's POV

My heart pounded against my chest as I cycled down the side-street stopping only when my earpiece vibrated. I counted the buzzes then slowed to a stop outside an ancient door. If a person who didn't know the secret were to come in they would go into an abandoned house. Rarely, we get a homeless person coming into the house to live there, we always use our technological devices to get them out. Quoted from Shakespeare "You gotta be cruel to be kind," if they stayed too long, they would discover our base and we would: 1) wipe their memory completely, 2) keep them locked up. I know, I know that is RUDE though and we have only done it one, two or three times, but when it happens, it is a HUGE DEAL. I dragged my bike to the porch then slid my card out of back pocket pressing it to the door handle. Immediately, I shot down like a bullet leaving only dust behind me (and my bike).What an upsetting life I own.
"Esther ready?" came a small voice in my ear.
"Definitely," I replied more confidently than I felt.
Two large semi-circles pushed out of the walls surrounding my muscular but slender waist pulling me out of the lift; down a different tunnel finally into the suiting room. I fell through the net which had my suit in prime position. My suit was night-black with a bow and nearly empty quiver on the plated back. I reached up and pulled my visor over my sapphire blue eyes. Metal bent over my slightly muscular figure. Continuing down to the final checks, I heard "Seriously, you need to put more weight on if you want to succeed."
I nodded then finished the whole process landing perfectly on my night-black heeled combat boots.

I was summoned to sir Balcot La Divinchi's office. He's my boss its pronounced sir ball-ah-cot la did-vin-chid.  Once I stepped into the modern office. He sat me down and started briefing me.
"A man," started Balcot "By the name of Mr Billoo is soon going to be under attack by someone we know only as lollipop. I need to to find Mr Billoo and protect him, capture whoever is behind it and maybe, get my sandwich on the way. Do you understand me Miss Esther Everdean Mia Baker - I mean Number seven hundred and ninety-eight thousand two hundred and thirty-two?
Silently I left nodding. I hate it when I am called by my number. Seriously we just count up and if someone retires we don't refill the number we just keep counting. I went into another lift, taking me to the armoury.

I refilled my quiver with razor-sharp arrows then continuing to slide my rope and knives into my belt. Finally, I climbed up the rope ladder to find my pen. I did across a couple hundred thousand until I stopped at a golden plaque that read: 798,232 which I slipped into my back pocket before reassuring my self "For emergencies only."

I went up one more elevator (who takes stairs anymore when you have a lift?!?) this particular elevator though was clearly the best, it took you to the nearest base to where ever you wanted to go,  amazing right! After hours of sitting around and picking up dropping off people, it finally lifted up on a mountainside.

My hefty combat boots kicked pebbles of the clif. "Damn, " I complained as I tied a knot around a waist then to a pickaxe. Using the knowledge I learnt in training camp I threw it up so I could climb. The cliff was rocky so my feet slipped on the surface. After around twenty minutes of hard climbing, I reached the top, my aching feet dragged my painful body towards a large mansion. My aching lungs breathed a sigh of relief.

(part 2 by TrueSlytherinQueen01 )