misunderstandings | yoshihito usaida x reader *

[ a/n: i'm sorry it's taking a while to get through requests! ^^ i have an upcoming ryuuchi x reader fanfic that i'll publish very soon and i need to make sure that it's edited. therefore, I'll try working on requests during this spring break.]

* = mature content (smut)

requested by: @duerfri

On this sunny scorching day, y/n struggled to cool down on her way to her studies by tugging onto her turtleneck blouse. She was a second-year university student and always aimed to be the top of her class, despite coming from a poor background.

With the rising temperature on the line, most of her classmates would opt to skip their morning classes, but not y/n. She put all of her effort to get where she was in life, even leaving behind most of her friends back in home place. She dearly missed them, especially a particular boy in mind.

Y/n kept her eyes on the road while skimming her way to an old coffeehouse she used to visit back in her teen years, bumping into a random person by accident. In that moment, her eyes blurred, somehow losing her thoughts as she recalled that familiar pink-hair. "I-I'm so sorry," she apologized, offering her hand to the male.

"It's fine," he spoke out in a clear voice, meeting the girl he had run into. By surprise, he had run into the same girl that was on his mind. Coincidence? I think not. "I-It's you."

Startled, she began to sputter out her occurring thoughts, unable to come up with a proper greeting or saying to the male as he stared at her in disbelief. "U-Usadia! What are you doing here? I-I haven't seen you around, huh?"

He nodded, rubbing behind his neck to ease the tension down. "Would you like to grab something from the cafe with me? If you aren't in a rush, of course," he asked.

Y/n was mesmerized while picking up her past memories with the male in front of her, soon blushing the heck out of herself. "If that's alright with you, then sure," she replied, showing off her bright smile.

Usaida ordered and payed for both of their drinks, in spite of y/n's complaints. Saving both of their seats inside of the cafe, the two awkwardly drank and gazed at each other for a few minutes before starting up an actual conversation.

After all, he was curious of her life.

"Do you still attend that university you got accepted into?" he questioned, tapping his fingers against the coffee table while keeping a close eye on the female. It was irresistible to not want to pull her into his arms with that face she made

"Yep! It's my second year there," she proudly stated, winking at the male as she noticed he continuously stared at her. "What do you do? Any job? University?"

"I have a job," he yawned out, too tired to even bother going into further details. "I like working there, although, it gets a bit nosy for my tastes. However, Midori often times attaches herself to me a bit more than the others."

Y/n quickly began to feel her heart break —more like, shatter into a million pieces. She understood that they weren't a couple and most likely, will never be. She couldn't help to feel jealous at his recent statement.

"M-Midori? Is she one of your co-workers or something? Why would she be attached to you? Wait! Is she your daughter? Do you have a wife?" she burst, accidentally spilling her cup onto the table in fury.

"What's wrong with you?" he mumbled, unaware of the jumble of emotions revolving inside of y/n. He grabbed a couple of napkins and wiped the entire table off. "I'm single, alright? Also, Midori's one of the children I care for at the daycare center back at the high school."