Chapter 3

It didn't go as Asclepius planned. Both Asclepius and Ravus never thought Colonel Caligo Ulldor, out of all, would be the commander for this operation. It was not a good sign to see him, and Asclepius was correct for his instinct. Caligo had ordered Euphemia to join the operation and go along with Asclepius into the ruin, or else, he would send her off as soon as they left for the operation. Asclepius was frustrated and reluctant for the outcome, but he did not have a choice.

The Nox Fleuret never had any fondness for this middle-aged stout man. He was arrogant and cruel. When Tenebrae fell, Caligo was the one in charge of the Fenestala Manor, the home where the Nox Fleuret lived. The princesses were especially being roughly handled by him. Lunafreya, who was separated from her brother and her elder cousin, became the protector of Euphemia. Shouting at the girls and throwing them onto the ground were something "normal" when Caligo showed up. One day, and it was that day, Euphemia had enough seeing her cousin, and so a sister and a friend, being once again thrown onto the ground. She rushed up to defend the young Luna and accidentally knocked Caligo down. Humiliated by the young girl, Caligo began to further abuse her, but the young girl didn't allow it easily. She stood up and fought back. It was then that Niflheim found out her natural gift in martial arts. She was sent to the army and trained by her brother, and as soon as she turned 13, she was sent off for operations and military missions, as being a stepstone for his military career.

For this, and all of that, Asclepius and Ravus detested him.

There was also someone new joining them. The son of House Tummelt, Loqi Tummelt. By the age of 17, Loqi had already earned himself a Lieutenant and proved himself to be a skilful soldier. He was famous for his sword, shooting and pilot skills. One might assume he earned his position due to his family name, but anyone who is familiar with Niflheim would know that these things won't work in this country. Anyone without skills were unable to climb up and survive in the army. Despite this, the new alliance was not to Asclepius's concern at the moment. In fact, he didn't even really care who his ally was, for he only cared about his family.

He hurried back to his camp, where Ravus and Euphemia were waiting. Euphemia looked up at him in her seat as she saw him walk in, while Ravus simply just turned towards him. Asclepius looked back to his sister with his frown, then quietly walked in. Seeing Asclepius's frustration, Ravus and Euphemia both sensed something wasn't going as planned.

"Well?" Ravus asked as Asclepius rested his hands on the desk.

Asclepius quietly looked at Ravus for a moment, then took a deep breath and shook his head. Ravus responded with a deep and frustrating sigh, almost like a groan.

Their behaviours had risen to Euphemia's attention. She stood and walked towards them and asked, "What is it? What's the matter?"

Looking at his dear sister for a moment, Asclepius replied reluctantly, "Caligo gave his order. You are going with us."

Euphemia did not react to the order. Yes, she was a little surprised inside, but she was prepared for it. She simply just wanted to know what else her brother would say. And she's simply just waiting for his words.

"Here Euphie, I need you to listen to me very carefully," letting out another deep sigh, Asclepius approached her, placed his hands on her slim shoulder and said. "We have no clue of what we might encounter in the ruin, but I'm sure it'll be dangerous. Never walk past me and stay close to me at all times. Do not even think of protecting me or give me a hand. Just straightly wield your sword as any daemon approaches you. With no mercy. You understand?"

Euphemia nodded. Though she understood, she did want to at least give her brother and cousin a hand.

"Ravus, you too," Asclepius stood up and turned to his cousin. "Do not thrust. We'll tread lightly and slowly this time."

"Right," Ravus replied. He knew how much Asclepius was tensed by the fact that his dear sister was about to walk into one of the most dangerous places in the world. He turned to Euphemia and added, "Stay behind us, Euphemia. It'll be fine even if you just watch. But just stay behind and close to us."

Though Euphemia was not his own sister, half of their blood shared the same, and Ravus did treat her as his own sister. In fact, he treated Asclepius as his brother and Euphemia as his sister. He would never want any of them to get hurt.

FFXV - Hope & Despair | {Loqi x original character}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें