Karen looked back at her computer and lightly shook her head.  “Sorry Sir, the only available room is a honeymoon suite.” The representative told them. Sarah touched his wrist and interrupted them.

“Ah Gerald, we better find another hotel.” She suggested.

“We will get the honeymoon suite, Karen.”Gerald said to the Representative and ignored Sarah’s demand.”

“Gerald, sabi hanap na lang tayo ng ibang hotel eh.” Sarah insisted annoyed. Gerald patted Sarah’s back to at least ease her. “Don’t worry; I’ll just take the couch. Pagod ka na eh, it will stress you more pag hahanap pa tayo ng ibang hotel.”  He said to her.

Sarah resignedly nodded at him. “Okay, here is my credit card, let’s split the bill.” She said and  pulled her credit card from her purse and gave it to him.

Gerald gave the credit card back to Sarah with a pointed look. “It is on me, Sarah, and please do not argue with me regarding it.” He said with finality.

Sarah did not; she knows that if she did, she will end up losing. She just took the credit card and slid it back to her purse.

“I’ll just wait for you there.” Pointing at one of the couches in the hotel’s lobby. Gerald nodded and looked back at the hotel representative who was waiting for him to sign the check in sheet.

After signing the bill, Gerald headed towards Sarah who was seated in the couch, her was head bowed and her hands was covering her face. He was stunned seeing her, this distraught. “Is she still hurting from the break-up?” He thought to himself as he approached her.

Sarah lifted her head when she felt him approaching. “Okay na ang room, Gerald? Can we call it a night?” She wearily asked him.

“Yah, I have the keys already. Want to have something first a coffee or a light snack before we go up?” He asked her as he placed his hand at the small of her back.

“Hindi na, if you want to, then go, if you don’t mind I’ll just go straight to our room and call it a night.” She said and gave him a light smile.

Gerald was worried about her that leaving her alone seems not a good idea. “I’ll be with you; I will just place an order through the room service.” He decidedly told her.

“Okay, lang ako, Gerald. Don’t go softy on me, Mr. Arrogant Anderson.” She told him teasingly trying to ease his worrying.

Gerald laughed at that and escorted her inside the elevator. When the elevator stop at their floor Gerald guided Sarah by lightly putting his hand on her back when Sarah felt it she hurriedly move forward and looked at him.

“The pretend game is over, Mr. Anderson, quit the gentlemanly act.” She said to him in her signature “mataray” tone.

Gerald can’t help and retort back at her. “Hayy Ms. Geronimo, Now I am sure that your okay, because your back at being Ms. Sarah “I am Tough” Geronimo. He said to her with obvious humor and sarcasm in his voice.

Sarah stopped at the doorstep of their room, faced him and laughed. He laughed with her. They were laughing so hard that they both stopped to gasp for air.

After the laughter, the staring followed. They were staring at each other’s eyes as they both felt the spark and attraction both are trying to deny. He slowly inched his face to her and was about to….

When Sarah suddenly uttered. “Gerald pasok na tayo asan na  ang card key?” She said intentionally cutting the moment.

He just shook his head and handed her the card. “I’ll just go down at the bar for a nightcap. Would you be alright here?” He told her softly while trying to control the growing confusion inside him.