Chapter 2: Awkward

Start from the beginning

"And who is this lovely lady?" He looks to me smiling warmly. 

"Richard, this is my daughter Stella. Stella, this is Mr. Wells, Anne's husband" My dad introduces.

"Oh please, call me Richard" He engulfs me in a warm hug, which hurt just a little. I was never a hugger, so I awkwardly wait for him to release me.

He lets go of me and looks around. "Where's Claire and Anne?"

"You know them" My dad chuckles. "Same old, same old"

"Cooking?" He inquires, scratching his head.

"Most likely" My dad chuckles again, this time Richard joining in. I've never seen my dad really interact with other people. I know he's a business man, but seeing him like this is new. He seems laid back, and we've only been here for a few minutes.

After a while of watching the two men catch up, they move into a room to discuss some things and I'm left standing here all alone.

Well, this is nice.

I'm about to go find my mom, when I hear the door opening and closing, and then a loud bang. I turn and to my horror I see a guy pushing some girl up against the door, I guess that was the bang.

She releases a throaty moan and runs her pointy red nails down his back. She wraps her legs around his torso while kissing him.

Oh god, this is awkward!

All of a sudden the guy breaks the heated kiss and raises his head and inhales deeply. He unwraps the girls legs from around him and inhales again looking around.

Okay, this is my cue to leave.

I turn to make my escape, but to my dismay end up walking into an elegant, but ever so badly placed side table knocking it over.

Seriously!?

"Who are you?" A deep voice questions from behind me sending a chill up my back, I've been caught.

Oh god, this can't be happening.

I quickly pick up the decorative piece of furniture and place it in its original spot.

Are you kidding me Stella? I scold myself, couldn't I have just slipped away undetected.

With a groan I reluctantly turn to see the guy and the girl, though now they are separated, her hand still trails up and down his arm. Her hair is a crimson mess and mascara is smudged up, and her dress -if you can call it that- is tight and flashy pink. She reminds me of some of the girls Carter would hook up with and never call back.

But, who am I to judge? I have hideous blotchy burns running all over the left side of my body. Self confidence lacking in me I turn away from their gazes feeling somewhat insecure.

I don't look the guy, because we all know this is just plain embarrassing. They probably think I was watching them. I don't respond to his question either, which leads to her asking.

"Who the fuck are you?" Her voice is high and shrill. I decide against responding to her, so I stand there finding my chipped nail polish highly entertaining, maybe I should leave now.

"Leave" His tone is clipped and hard.

I want to tell him 'Don't worry man! Standing here is the last thing I want to be doing," but I know those words would never pass my lips.  I turn to make my second escape when I am stopped.

"That's right walk aw-" her not so pleasant voice is cut off.

"No, Kelly leave now" I hear his smooth voice correct, which leaves her gasping. I turn back around curiously to see her reaction, bad idea.