chapter twelve

nerves. standing on end violently buzzing as I sit...just waiting. the strands of invisible hair on my arms stand strait up as if they are trying to run away.

god to run awAy would be a relief to this itching nervousness. that was wearing me down.

"cacia?"

"huh?" I say abruptly almost startled to be spoken to.

"your good at this remember" he soothes with a warm smile.

I smile back at him. then I reach down and take his hand in mine.

were sitting where we sat last night. in the same chairs that we inhabited when our lives were turned upside down.

this time were in charge. this time we have the power.

my thoughts are meant to give me strength but who am I fooling.  I'm a wreck.

my whole life is riding on his reaction. weather he believes us or not.

wow....my whole life relies on a lie.

I look down at my hand...that ring is more convincing ok by than I could ever be. it's lians. cherished thibg. the only reminder of the woman that was his mother he has left.

and it's resting on my hand.

making it more,beautiful than I could ever dream it'd be.

"ah my children!" Dee exclaims as he enters the tented room.

" hello father." lian responds coolly.

clearly a least to me that he was still less than happy with him.

"emilian. " Dee replies with an equal many if frost.

and there I am feeling awkward in the middle of the two.

then something happens that eases that tension.

Dee's eyes looked downward for just a moment and they caught a faint shimmer on my hand the ring...his demenor changed drasticaly when he Saw it.A Smile appeared. a true smile but at the same time sort of sickly smuggness to it. 

"I see congratualations are in order here." he strikes casually. as if he thinks we cant see how giddy he is to have won his way. 

Here goes nothing. I think. 

I put a smile on my face. the bright glowing kind a girl in love would have and I looked over at Lian. 

I took his hand and cupped it between my two gently rubbing circles in his palm with my thumb. 

this seems like a subtle loving gesture that might be natural to those entranced By each other. 

"yeah. Your decision sort of forced us to tlak. and once we talked...really talked our true feelings became clear and..." i giggled a little. 

"we've decided to abide by your decision. we'd like to marry!" i bite my lip girlishly and look at lian. trying to think how much I really did love him. in the other way. and once I started thinking about that. the rest was easy. 

lian looked back at me. not so convincingly. still Looking a little unhappy. but trying at least to play along. 

"of course we were frustrated at first with the opposition you proposed." lian adds looking up at his father with challange in his eyes. 

i begin to worry.... 

What are you doing lian....

"however, it did force us to evaluate our feelings for one another. and Now father you'll be happy to hear were very happy at the prospect of our wedding."  he looks back at me and I smile warmly at him. 

theres My boy. finnaly getting with the program here.  

"good i'm very glad to hear it. I always knew you two would wind up togeather. i just didnt know i'd be ocirstrating the whole thing." he laughs and for some reason i feell i should too. so i let out a trill of a laugh and slmile up at him like nothings wrong at all. when in my mind i hate him more than I've ever hated anyone.