Chapter eleven.

Chapter eleven.

My fingertips drummed loudly on his kitchen table. He’s in the back room changing before we go to see his father.

I was still thinking back to the conversation we’d just had.

I’d been sitting quietly just thinking things over in my head it seemed like the thoughts flew by so fast that I couldn’t have been thinking for very long but as I looked up at his face, I saw him eagerly staring back at me.

“What’s going on up there? “He asks referring I’m sure to my mind. 

I try to laugh but I’m too distracted too stressed by this sudden future being offered to me. So my laugh come’s through my lips a bit pathetic and more like a scoff than anything really.

“Yeah a lot.” I mumble emphasizing my stress with flash of my eyes.

He bites his lower lip rubbing a hand over his stubble layered jaw nervously. “I know it’s a lot to take in… you don’t have to answer now If you don’t want to.” he says halfheartedly. I know how impatient he is. When he has his mind set on something he doesn’t like to waste any time in getting it done.  

I pause then in all my insanely complicated thoughts and just freeze everything as I look at his face.

I would marry this man for our dream, I would give up all I’ve ever believed just to have the life we dreamed of… so why wouldn’t I run away for that same dream?

For that same man?

It’s abundantly clear my decision there’s no more need for complicated debate between my conflicting inner voices. 

I would do it! He was worth it and so was our dream a smile breaks out on my lips. The kind of careless smile you almost don’t notice is there at first.

“No… let’s do it.” I say confidently. He looks at me unsure. “Are you positive, it’s a big decision I don’t want you to feel rushed or anything.” He adds worriedly though I can tell he’s exploding inside.

“Yeah. Of course I’m sure the dream is worth anything even running away.” I say feeling elated with my decision.  

He looks as if he’s just become the richest man in the world. He jumps from his spot at the table leaps onto the floor and Pulls me out of my seat in one quick happy motion. Pulling me into him and twirling me around wildly in a fit of glee.

 I laugh like a child laughs carefree and totally satisfied as I wrap to arms around his neck letting him twirl me around.

“Wait a minute.” He says suddenly stopping to set me back down on the floor. He looks at me seriously.

“What? What’s wrong?” I ask worried.

“If we’re going to do this we should do it right.” he says getting down on one knee. I’m confused.

“What are you doing?” I ask watching almost fearfully as he takes my hand in his own.

“Cacia would you do me the extraordinary honor of… fake marrying me?” he asks with that same sly little grin I’ve seen too many times to count.

I roll my eyes. “Well who could refuse a face like that?” I say batting my lashes stupidly.

He laughs and pulls something from his pocket. My smile fades as he slides it onto my finger…

Its thin silver band shining in even the dim light his blinded windows allowed to leak in. with a true honest navy blue sapphire in the middle the size of a pea…I stare at it wondering how something so small could be so hypnotizing. I’ve seen this ring before of course. Admired it as it rested on another hand.