zmART & jdrewb

Artist!Zayn who posts pics of his pieces on social media + Justin who adores Zayn's work. (Internet friends tho Zayn actually knows who Justin is bc he's cute boy who lives in the dorm next door and Justin is clueless to it all.)

Ft random Niall bc I have a soft spot for him still.

This is rlly short and like fluff and flirting I guess. But like I wanted to write something rlly rlly soft like this so yay.

*-*-*

Zayn hit the send button on the tweet and watched as it loaded up to the home page where he knew everybody would soon see it. His latest piece was a bit darker than most of his previous drawings but it wasn't like it was something that was drawn based on his life. Sometimes inspiration just comes to you and you can't pass it up.

Art had been something Zayn grew up loving. Since he could remember, he loved spending his time creating pictures and other realities that floated into his head. If he was stressed, he's draw how he felt. Confused, draw it out. Happy, draw it all out. As he got older and finally graduated high school, his love for art grew. He was accepted into a college (which he took an arts course in, of course) and when he wasn't hashing his nights out over the hours of homework, he would pull out his beloved drawing pencil and a blank sheet up paper and start up his creative juices.

A small vibrate and ding from his phone brought him back from his thoughts. The notification symbol on his twitter had a "1" sitting next to it and he clicked it. It opened to show the user he'd grown overly fond of (for many reasons.)

jdrewb liked and retweeted your tweet

A smile fell across his face without knowing and he clicked the pm's button next.

jdrewb: ur newest piece is a beauty !

though a bit darker than usual

but it was gr8 nonetheless !!

zmART: thank you as always 😘

and as you know, inspiration is a funny thing

jdrewb: hopefully nothing dark about ur life 😩

cant have the best artist ever living a terrible life 😰

zmART: not even close to my life. life can't be terrible when you've got a cute as fück neighbour living next door.

and i know i'm the best.

jdrewb: cocky little shït.

how's the neighbour. has he approached u yet? u approached him? bc like, u have been eyeing this man for mega months now and u talk abt him a lot

zmART: you're no better. have you talked to your lover yet?

jdrewb: were talking abt u right now not me. dont change the subject mr.

zmART: so that's a no

jdrewb: shut up it's not my fault he's gorgeous. i cant just approach him. he's like a smol puppy everyone loves and im the old dog no one wants to pet bc i look mean.

zmART: how do you know he isn't a lover of old mean dogs?

jdrewb: no one loves old mean dogs

zmART: i do.

jdrewb: 👌👌👌

zmART: don't okay me

jdrewb: well would u look at the time. i just remembered it's time to walk my fish.

i meant dog bc u can't walk a fish

i don't even have a fish wut

zmART: 😤😤😤

jdrewb: bye mr soon-to-be-famous

Zayn closed down the twitter app and an uncontainable smile fell across his lips. He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair before tossing his phone away and gathering the last of his supplies to put away.

- - - - - - -

"I'm leaving now. If you don't get up you'll be late for chem. And you said your professor would skin you if you were late again," Zayn sing-songed to his roommate as he opened the door to their dorm.

"Let him. My bed is being extra cuddly and comforting today. I can't hurt its feelings by leaving it now. We're just starting to get along," Niall moaned as he turned over to his stomach. "My baby, I won't leave you."

"Whatever. I warned you, mate." Zayn stepped out of the dorm and pulled the door shut behind him with a soft thud.

"O-Oh, hello Zayn. How are you?"

Zayn turned around only to see the bright eyed boy in the dorm next door.

"Hey Justin," he sent him a smile. "You off to class?"

"Yeah, I've got a big test in calc. Very unprepared if I'm being honestly."

"I've got a big art assignment due. I feel your pain." Zayn turned around to head towards the stairs. "I'm sure you'll do great on your exam. Niall says your roommate says you're pretty brilliant."

Justin blushed and a half smile fell across his face. "Yeah, I guess," he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "It's not something I prefer to brag about."

"Trust me," Zayn flashed the cuter boy another smile and then proceeded to push the elevator call button. He then winked, "Intelligence is something people like you can wear without looking cocky and it's sexy as hell."

Zayn ran a hand through his hair and stepped into the elevator with ease. Just as the doors were about to close, a hand shot in between them.

"Do you think we could maybe go out sometime?" Justin was standing in the doorway with an uneasy smile on his face.

Zayn grabbed his hand and hugged him in the elevator with him. "Of course," he pressed a kiss to his cheek.

And they rode the elevator that day with matching smiles and bright faces.

*-*-*

I'm fluff and flirting trash guys.