How it all began

Hannah's POV
Hi, my name's Hannah Poller. I live in a New York apartment with my dad and 3 siblings. I'm 17-years old and a genius. I'm not trying to brag, but 3 months ago, I built a time machine. I made it so I could go to periods in history and see how they're different from now. I typed in Napoleon Bonaparte's invasion of Austerlitz, set the timer for 5 minutes, and jumped in. After looking and looking, I saw him. Short height and all. He was giving orders to his men. I ran over and started talking to him. After some time, I had to get back home. But what I didn't realize, was that I was still holding Napoleon's hand when I jumped through the portal back to my time. After we got back in, I felt heat coming from the machine. Then it burst. Napoleon and I started coughing as we dust smoke and debris off our clothes, and then I stared at my broken machine.

"No! I worked SO hard on this! (Sobbing) it won me three Science Fairs!" I cried.

"I'm sorry about your machine, how long till I can go back to invading Austerlitz?" he asked.

"Days, weeks, months, maybe even a year or so. I don't know! All I know is that my time machine is completely destroyed" I said crying. Dad must've heard me cause he came running down and saw me wiping tears and snot from my face. And Napoleon standing there completely and utterly clueless.

"Hannah, baby, are you ok?" he asked.

"No, I was trying to go back in time so I could say hi to Napoleon. But when I went back, I forgot to let go of his hand and I inadvertently brought him here and the over-stimulation caused the machine to explode" I explained.

"Hey, dad, I accidentally walked in on Mary and now she won't stop throwing things a.....wait, who's this?" asked my 16-year old brother, Tucker Poller.

"Oh, God. Not again" said dad rolling his eyes. He kissed me on the head and climbed the stairs to take care of Mary, my 14-year old sister. I ran up there too and saw her standing in the middle of her room covering her ears and screaming 'No! No! No!'. Dad went to her, grabbed her, got her into her "Calming Chair" with her favorite toy, Mr.Hippo.

"It's ok, Mary. It's ok, I'm here" he said.

"What's wrong with Mary?" asked Napoleon. I screamed cause I didn't know that he was behind me.

"She has autism" I said.

"Huh?" he asked.