Bully - Ethan Dolan - Part 3/3

Start from the beginning

Ethan: What?

"Grayson?! Gra..."

"No need to yell bro, I'm right here."

"She never read the message, just like I had suspected. We need to drive to school right now."

"It's Friday night."

"It's important."

Ethan kept checking his phone every two seconds, but you hadn't replied. 

"Are you going to tell me why we are going to school on a Friday night?"

"We are going to break into the library."

"Say that again?" 

Grayson shot him a look that said: we have done crazy before, but this is bananas. Ethan sighed.

"It's Y/N."

"Y/N?" Grayson asked confused, but then it clicked. "Holy shit. The girl you like is Y/N? Oh my god. What? Bro! What? Are you kidding me?"

"No and last year I told her."

"Wait what? What did she say?"

"Nothing. She never got the message, because I wrote it in a book of hers which I hid and I made this treasure hunt for her to find it and I meant to stay and watch her react to it, but I chickened out and I ran home and pretended to be sick for a week, because I was so afraid she would reject me, but when I came back she didnt say anything and for a year I hoped she just hasn't read it and turns out she hasn't found the message, because the book wasn't hers, but it was from the library, so ..."

"We are breaking into the library to get the book."

"Basically yes." 

"And this couldn't wait until Monday because...?"

"When did you get so boring?"

"Alright fine." Grayson grumbled. "Let's do this."

They were the only car at the parking lot, the school was empty. All they had to do was pick the lock to the library and find that damn book. How hard could it be?

"Did you bring your knife?" 

"Yeah." Grayson grabbed his knife out of his back pocket and looked for the perfect instrument to pick the lock. They had never done this before, so Ethan ended up googling a tutorial on how to pick a lock. The first step was to check if the door wasn't open. 

Ethan rolled his eyes, but tried anyway and it made click. Grayson shot him a look.

"It's unlocked." He whispered. "There is no light, but maybe someone is here. Be quiet."

They tiptoed around, but they didnt see or hear anyone. It didnt take them long to find the book in the Biology section. There were only ten exemplars there. Grayson offered to help him look, but Ethan didnt want him to read the message so he declined.

"It's not here." Ethan said, as he returned the last book to its shelf.

"Because I already took it."

Your voice made the two boys jump. 

"H...Hi. What are you... I mean how did you? I mean... ummm... we didnt see your car in the parking lot?"

Grayson mentally facepalmed himself at the awkwardness of his brother and decided to pretend to get a call and left you. You stared after him in disbelief. How on earth had you ever thought these two dorks were the popular guys in school? You turned back to Ethan who was still stuttering around.

"I didnt think it was smart to park in the lot of the place I was going to break into."

"You picked the lock?"

Ethan stated more that asked, at which you nodded. Silence fell over you.

"So..." You began. "I read your message." 

Ethan looked at you nerviously. It was dark inside, the only light coming from his phone and the moon. 

"What do you think?"

He bit the inside of his cheek. 

"I think Lord of the Rings is an highly overrated book series."

It took a while for Ethan to realise what you were saying. And then he smiled. 

"Come on. You know what I mean."

"It was really sweet Ethan."

You whispered, suddenly aware of the silence. You could see his smile broaden on his face and reach his eyes. It warmed your heart and made it stop beating for a second, only to start pumping blood through your body in high intensity. 

"You did?"

You nodded and he looked away for a moment and then back at you, contemplating his next move. 

"Do you think you can forgive me and maybe go out with me some time?"

He said it so fast, you hadn't understood anything he said.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

Ethan took a deep breath and said calmly.

"Do you think you can forgive me?"

You smiled. "I think you deserve a second chance."

"You do?" Ethan asked again, this time way to extra and loud for the quietness of the library. Good thing you were alone, you thought. And the next thing you knew Ethans lips were on yours and for the second time today that boy had taken you by surprise. You were shellshocked and couldn't move. You thought about pushing him away, because this was way too soon. But then he suddenly pulled away himself and blushed feverishly. 

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. I dont know what came over me. I just wanted to do that for so long and I just I dont know I couldn't help it. You look so pretty and I just oh my god i totally screwed this up didnt I? I should just ..."

Seeing him this flustered and scrambling let all your feelings for him bubble up and suddenly you believed him. Believed he was in love with you, because deep down you had always known and deep down you had known that all his tirades and pranks were never meant to hurt you, because you had seen it in his eyes. You had seen the way he looked at you and you had recognised that look, because you looked at him the same way and suddenly it was so obvious to you and suddenly you could see what he was seeing all these years and you shut him up by kissing him. And this time he didnt pull away.