One

Emilia had long since made peace with her adoption at 13 she didn't care who her birth parents were. She assumed she was an accident of two people who never wanted children. She frankly didn't care about them much. Or so she thought. As Emilia boarded the train she was clueless to what awaited her when she got to the castle.

Albus Dumbledore was standing outside the burrow watching the wind dance across the field when Arthur and Molly got home. Ginny was the first to notice the man in their field.

"Who's that?"

"Oh that's Albus Dumbledore Ginny dear." Molly said glancing up for her knitting on her lap only to then realize who was in fact at there house. "What is Dumbledore doing here?! The kids couldn't have got in trouble that fast!" Jumping out of the car Molly and Arthur made their way to the old man as they sent Ginny inside.

"Albus is everything alright?" Turning to greet the two he nodded.

"You are aware of who Emilia's biological parents are correct?"

The two nodded and he sighed loudly. "The night lily and James died she wrote me a letter. She wants Emilia to know of Harry and he to know of her."

"Are you asking our permission or something?"

"No I'm going on Lily's wishes. I'm telling them both of one another tonight after the sorting. Only I'm asking if you want to be there?"

They stood dead quite for moments before Molly let out a quite cry. She didn't know how her daughter would take it. She knew her thoughts were she was just from a one night stand or something but never imagined they would keep one child over the other.

"Oh dear." Arthur stood in shock before agreeing to go with the man.

The first years were sorted and while everyone was eating and starting to clear out Emilia, Fred and George made their way to the Gryffindor tower, when a prefect came running after them.

"Weasleys!" The three gingers turned around to the tall and lanky guy that was bent over breathing hard.
"You three are wanted in the headmasters office."

Looking between each other they shrugged and started towards Dumbledores. "What'd you two do and not tell me?"

Emilia questioned looking up at her brothers on either side of her. They looked as confused as she did. But as the three turned the corner they saw Molly, Arthur, Bill, Charlie and Percy standing at the entrance to Dumbledores office.

"We didn't do it!" The three said as soon as they got close enough. Arthur started laughing and just shook his head. "Of course you didn't do anything. Yet."

"Dad why're you and mum here? And Bill and Charlie? What happened?" Molly couldn't make eye contact with the child and Percy looked nervous. Charlie even wouldn't look at the three in front of him leaving Arthur to do all the talking.

"You'll find out shortly dear." The three were puzzled as ever as Harry Potter and Ron came down the corridor with Professor McGonagall.

She said the password and the staircase appeared, turning around she told Emilia and Harry to go on up. Emilia didn't say anything she just gave her father a look. As Harry walked in first Emilia followed closely behind.

"Emilia, Harry. Come sit."

Following what the headmaster said they made their way to two chairs. Pacing back and forth Albus finally stopped and held a photo out to the two of them. "Do you know who these people are?"

"That's my mum and dad." Harry answered and Albus nodded to him before turning to Emilia.

"Um that's Harry here's mum and dad." She shrugged and Albus decided to just break the news.

"They're not only Harry's mother and father Emilia."

"Okay?" It didn't click until just a moment later. "Wait. Are you saying-"

Emilia took the photo and looked at it again. She looked a the ginger haired woman and dark headed man. She had the same red wavy hair as the woman, but the hazel eyes of the man laughing in the photo.

"They're your parents?" The boy nodded. "And they were a couple?" He nodded again. "And they raised you?" This time he looked to the ground before looking back up to her.

"Um no tthey d-d-died when I was just over a year old. I don't remember much of them."

"But they kept you? You were they're child? They were married?" Harry didn't know what to say after the girl was asking such bold questions.

"Professor, are you saying these are my parents? Well they aren't my parents but the people who gave me life?" Albus nodded. Emilia looked at the photo one last time handing it to Harry.

Harry was quite, nervous it seemed he just found out about a sibling. But he wasn't aware of the storm growing in Emilia. They kept him, Lily and James Potter kept Harry but didn't even come back for her. She was at as loss for words but felt the prick of tears behind her eyes. She stood and made her way out of the office down the stairwell and came up to her family. Stopping she swallowed the lump in her throat and kissed her mother and father on the cheeks and hugged her eldest two brothers. "I'll see you two at Christmas now get back to your jobs, it was nonsense you all being here. I knew I was adopted, its not a surprise." She said with all the strength she had left as she made her way past them.

They watched her walk down the corridor pulling her robes tightly around her, with one hand covering her mouth. She didn't know where she was going but it wasn't directly to the Gryffindor tower that was for sure. As she got a few hallways down she fell into a mess on the floor. She scooted her back against the wall and had both hands covering her face. Trying her best to hold back the sobs wrestling to come out.

She'd never felt so abandoned, she knew her adoptive parents loved her. She knew they viewed her as their child and they would stand by her, but Emilia couldn't understand why. Why was she left? Why had they kept Harry? Why the Weasleys would adopt her if her own parents didn't even want her? Why Albus felt the need to tell her who her real parents were? Why wouldn't Molly and Arthur have good reason to abandon her too?