Chap 6

Wyatt--------->

~Wyatt~

"hey" I looked up to see Owen standing over me. I was currently avoiding Adam and his twenty thousand questions. Ever since the Halloween diner incident he hasn't shut up about it. I finally escaped him to the tree from before, I think this is going to be my get away tree but sadly Owen knows about it.

"hi" I muttered, can't a guy just have some time to himself? He turned to sit next to me.

"hows it going?" he asked casually. I shrugged looking up at the leaves on the low hanging branches, they looked like hundreds of fingers reaching down.

"good to know" he chuckled. Why is it that every time this guy laughs I get flutters in my stomach? I ignored it and continued my tree watching.

"so, um, I'm having swim practice today. I was wondering if you would like to come" this caused me to look in his direction with a frown.

"why?" I asked him slowly. He smiled with a shrugged.

"well that's what friends do right. Hang out when you're at your other friends practice." I rose a brow at him and shook my head at him in amusement.

"really and where does it say that in the friend handbook" I said. He had a thoughtful expression for a second.

"page forty-forty middle paragraph line two." He said with a triumphant grin. I stared at him as his warm brown eyes did the same. Chuckling I nodded.

"alright, I'll go" he grinned widely and pulled me in an awkward huge, since I was pretty much laying in the grass he was leaning on top of me and his arms wrapped around my torso.

"thank you" he whispered in my ear. I shivered as his warm breath caressed my neck. he pulled away but paused as he was inches from my face, I watched nervously as his eyes trained on my lips.

"O-Owen?" my voice was shaky as I stared up at him. blinking he pulled all the way off getting to his feet and smiled like nothing was wrong.

"see you at the pool; three forty" and he walked away rather quickly leaving me to wonder what happened or what would of happened. I gulped as I thought, he was going to kiss me. My palms were becoming sweat as I started to freak. I knew this was a bad idea to become friends with him. I sat up slowly leaning my back against the trunk.

I bit my lip and stared after his as he was moving further and further away. I wasn't going to deny that he was one of the most gorgeous men I've ever seen and that I got a weird fluttering in my stomach when he was around me that's one of the reasons I try my best to stay the hell away. He was dangerous but I had to be the stupid one to go and accept his offer of friendship now it's just going to be so weird. Sighing I got to my feet as the bell rung signaling for the end of lunch and headed to my last two classes.

On the way to art I was deep in thought. Should I show up at his practice, would that be giving the wrong impression after what just 'almost' happened? But then again Adam will be there as well. Oh, whatever I'll go.