The Talk

After we ate, Bucky and I headed back to the forest we'd come from.

It was silent, until we were about five minutes into our walk through the forest.

"Why did you come here?" Bucky asked.

I looked over at him, "To find you, I told you this,".

He stopped, "You know that's not what I meant," he told me.

I stopped and turned around to face him, "We aren't meant to be alone. You feel it don't you, that itch under your skin?"

Bucky stared at me for a few moments before giving a hesitant nod.

"That's your instincts, the longer you ignore them the worse it will be when you cave in to them," I told him before turning back to continue walking.

I heard his heavy steps trot after me, "What happens when you cave?" he questioned as he slowed to a walk beside me.

"You go feral, bite those around you to appease the itch and make your own pack,".

I'd seen it before, it hadn't gone well.

His ears flattened, he didn't seem to know what to say.

I glanced up at the sky as snow started to fall, he followed my gaze.

"Let's get back, your fur isn't ready for the storm," Bucky told me as he trotted past me, the rock wasn't far.

I rolled my eyes before trotting after him, trying to step in his prints.

I got to the rock as Bucky was digging away some of the fresh snow that was in the doorway.

Bucky backed away as I trotted over, revealing a decent sized doorway for us to squeeze through.

I crawled back under it and moved to where I'd slept a few hours previous, Bucky followed shortly after and laid between me and the entryway.

I could hear the wind picking up outside, CAT flew under the rock buzzing.

It was a good thing I put a heating system in my eagle...

Bucky stared as CAT buried herself into the fur of my neck, "What is that?" he asked, leaning forward to nose at CAT.

"It's a robotic fly, I made it," I told him proudly, my tail thumping against the hard ground.

He moved his head back to stare at her, "You made it?" he questioned.

I nodded my head as I laid down and crossed my paws, "She was the first robot I made, the eagle was next,".

He nodded and glanced behind him, the snow was falling harder. "It looks like we'll be stuck here for a while,".