o n e

o n e

Niall has continuously washed his hands thoroughly for the past few minutes. Rubbing in between fingers, on palms, knuckles, and even the forearm. Niall hated being dirty, even if it was just a speck of ranch dressing on the tip of his finger. He just got the shivers being dirty.

Finally, he dries his hands and goes on with his day. But for Niall, everyday isn't like any others day. It may be normal to him, but not to others.

Everyday is the same. Wake up, eat, take a walk around the neighboring park, eat, shower, watch the stars, then off to bed.

The stars seem to relax Niall. He doesn't seem to mind that they aren't perfectly aligned, their perfect to him. Gleaming in the night sky, giving the air a calm affect. Mother always used to say, 'watch the stars when things are bad, because they will always be there, watching over you.' When the stars aren't out and clouds cover the sky, he's scared that may be things are bad and won't get better. But they always come back the next day. He wishes he could be an astronomer, to just watch the stars and planets rotate.

Niall doesn't have a job. But it's hard for him to get one, anyways. Maura, his mother, pays all his bills. She doesn't live with him, Niall insisted he could live alone and take care of himself. Although everyday, his mother gives him a call.

Niall runs the water on the hottest setting in the sink. He takes the blue dish soap and squeezes some into the steaming water. After making all the bubbles appear, he sinks his previously used plate into the water. He never lets a meals grime sit for too long (and too long for Niall is barely a minute).

Satisfied with how the kitchen looks he walks past the table and into the hallway. He stops walking and looks at the table. Not a speck of food appears on the table but Niall isn't comfortable that he didn't wipe it down after he used it. There could be something left that I missed.

He scratches his forearms and returns back to walking. He's been desperately trying to break his nasty habit of cleaning every thing, even if he has to pass through some anxiety.

After his warm shower, Niall neatly places himself under the covers and falls asleep, still thinking about that damn table.

No breeze is a nice change for Niall. Especially in the winter time when the days are always cold and bitter without the wind.

He sits back on the bench, hands neatly collected in his lap and eye lids shut. His hat slightly covering his eyes. One reason why he would much rather have winter than summer. He didn't have to deal with the sun, for he could just cover up with layers instead of sunscreen.

"Hi," upon hearing this small voice, Niall opens his eyes and looks beside him to see a small child with her face layered in foam from her hot chocolate. He grimaces but none the less, he waves to the girl.

"I'm Caro," Caro states proudly, taking an exaggerated sip. Niall must think its a nickname of some sort, may be Caroline? He smiles at the girl, then nervously rubbing the sides of his mouth with the back of his hand.

"You're very quiet, mister. Why won't you talk?" Caro's head tilts to the side, staring at Niall while she carelessly drinks.

He shrugs his shoulders, not bothering to try and talk to the strange girl. He knows he repeats things a lot but all he is trying to do is make the words come out perfectly. People around him don't seem to understand his reasoning so they decide upon jumping to conclusions and think he's either joking or plain weird.

"You're boring," Niall's surprised at the child's bluntness as she skips back to the playground she was once being entertained by.

He takes a deep breath and stands up, making his trudge back to his flat. So happy the conversation is over.

He looks up at the sky, judging by the suns place, he determines it's a few minutes before the sun begins to set. Meaning, once he showers after eating, he can watch the stars for a few minutes.

Niall opens the curtains in his bedroom after changing into his pajamas. He sits down on the bench below the window ledge.

For once, Niall takes sight of a shooting star. His jaw drops as he sees it flicker into the atmosphere then out again.

Although cliché, he closes his eyes and makes a wish.

I wish, I wish, upon a star, that may be, I may find, my savior.

Niall doesn't believe in true love, but if he could find a special someone, he wouldn't testify against it. He would only testify if their messy, dirty, or unclean. Which in his eyes, is most of the population.

He hops into bed and falls into peace.

In that same moment, Harry sees the same star from his flat. Wishing the same thing as Niall, but may be a differ in wording.

I wish I could find someone decent.

Oh and how they did.

a.n

In honor of getting 1k YOU GET AN UPDATE

FIRST CHAPTER OMG

OoooOooOOoooo what do you think is gonna happen?

Narry action in the next chapter

Be prepared

stay fabulous, my friends. x