40 | her lies

daniel seavey

I walked out of the restaurant and into the fresh air. I answered the call and put the phone against my ear.

"Hello Daniel!" The voice of mother said through the phone. My smile widened.

I hadn't had much time to talk to my mom lately. We've been so busy that I haven't had a time where I could sit down and talk to my mom for hours. I missed my family so much.

"Hey, Mom." I responded. "How are you?"

"I'm great, darling. We miss you."

"I miss you too." I said, a hint of sadness in my tone.

"How are things there in LA?"

"It's going good. The guys, Thalia, Kendall, Thalia's friend from home, David, Aspen and I are here at restaurant. We're celebrating for the release of the album."

"I listened to all the songs. Anna and I love playing them in the car. I'm so proud of you Daniel!" My Mom said softly.

"Thank you so much, Mom. Your support means a lot to me."

"Anyways, we were planning on flying to LA in a couple of weeks."

"Wait. Really!?" I exclaimed. Excitement filled my body. "Now, you can meet Thalia!"

"I'm so excited to meet her. She sounds like such a lovely person. You picked such an amazing girl, Danny. I can see that she makes you so happy."

"She does, Mom. She is so amazing. I love her so much. She is such a kind-hearted person and she's different from other girls. She cares so much about others and she's so selfless." I said, picturing my beautiful girlfriend in my mind.

"I'm so happy that you've found someone who makes you happy."

My Mom and I were on the call for about 20 minutes. I lost track of time and the others must have been wondering where I was. I said goodbye to my Mom and entered the restaurant. I walked over to the table, but something wasn't right. I could feel it. I noticed Thalia wasn't at the table. Where was she?

"Where's Thalia?" I asked the group and they all looked at me.

"She told me that she had to go somewhere." Aspen spoke up.

"Where?" I questioned. I started to get worried.

"She said something about an emergency. She said that she'll meet us at the house." She responded.

I looked over to Kendall and she shrugged. Thalia would have texted or called me if something happened. I trusted Aspen's words and I sat down back in my seat. I was worried. Something just didn't feel right. What if something bad happened with Thalia?

We all payed for the food and we headed out. I was a bit hesitant leaving the restaurant, I don't know why. Once we were all in the car, I took out my phone. I tried opening it, but it was dead.

"Can someone call or text Thalia?" I asked the everyone.

"Sorry, my phone is dead." Corbyn responded. The others responded with the same response.

"I can do it." Aspen said. She took out her phone and started texting on her phone. She was sitting next to me and I didn't know why, but once she received a text, a small smile formed on her face.

"Did she text back?" I ask her and she looked up. She closed her phone and nodded.

"She said that something came up. She's fine." She responded and I let out a sigh of relief.

Thalia's okay.

Once I got home, I immediately went to charge my phone. I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Thalia wasn't home yet and it felt weird not having her here at the house. My phone made a sound, indicating that it is now turned on and can be used again. I checked my messages, seeing if I had gotten a text from Thalia. Nothing.

I clicked on the call button and it started ringing. But, it went straight to voicemail. I called a couple more times. No answer. I started panicking and I texted her. No text back.

The door to my room opened and Kendall was there, with her phone in her hands. Worry was the only expression on her face.

"She hasn't picked up any of my calls or texted me back. Daniel, I'm worried. Has she texted you, or anything?" She panicked.

"No..." I trailed off, my voice lowering.

AN: daniel's point of view.... decided to update two times today. this was short but i wanted to show more of what happened.