Chapter 19: Chunin Exams: Second test part 5

Tenten got down the tree and appeared in front of Ino.

"I'll take care of him now Ino..." she said.

"Uh...Okay" said Ino giving Lee to her. Tenten then abruptly started shaking Lee.

"Come on Lee! Pull it together! Snap out of it alright!" she yelled. She dropped him and was suddenly wake.

'Nnnn.....Tenten is that you? What are you doing here?" he asked quietly.

"I came to help you out. What do you think I'm here for?" she softly said.

"Wahh....where are those sound-ninja guys?" he asked.

"Sasuke......and even Naruto took care of them. Don't worry." Tenten reassured. He looked at Sakura and her group. Sakura yelling at Naruto and he's just laughing.

"Just what were you thinking rushing in there all by yourself? Look at you. You're a total mess!" she said.

Lee looked to the ground.

"Well, Sakura was in trouble so....I had to do something right?" Lee said.

'He's gotta be kidding. He should've known he couldn't stand a chance.' Tenten thought.

"That was pretty stupid you know that?" Tenten said angry.

"I guess I can't argue with that..." Lee sadly said. Naruto noticed Lee was awake and walked towards him.

"Hey bushy brow. You're a mess. Good job at fighting those guys with all your might. That technique was pretty good." Naruto complemented.

"Huh?" Lee said confused.

"I'm talking about Front Lotus." Naruto replied.

"Oh...that...what?! How do you know I used that?" Lee said surprised.

"What? You used the forbidden technique?" yelled Tenten.

"Uh..yeah. The conditions were met in my eyes..." said Lee smiling. He looked back at Naruto.

"Don't tell me you were awake the whole time!" cried Lee.

"I guess you can say that. I was down for a while. But I was awake when they first came...." Naruto smirked and walked back to his mates.

Lee and Tenten were speechless. They just looked at each other trying to find an answer in each other faces.

"Are you hurt Naruto?" asked Choji looking Naruto up and down.

"I'm fine..." Naruto said dusting off some dirt on his pants.

"Sasuke-kun! Are you alright now?" asked Ino worried.

".....Yeah..." Sasuke said getting up.

"I'll be right back guys" said Sakura to the gang. She then walks to where Lee is.

Lee noticed her and looked up.

"Lee.....Thank you" Sakura said thankfully "Because of you I was able to stand up for myself and become a little stronger." She smiled. Lee still looking at her with a blank face on. It seems like he can't believe what's happening. He then starts tearing up.

"Ruhhuhhh..........Thank you Sakura" he cried wiping his eyes "But I guess my efforts alone were not good enough"

He then looked at Sasuke who was next to Sakura. "So...Sasuke. You're as good as your reputation. Just as what you expect from the Uchiha clan. To chase off those ninjas you must be very strong. Not like me. I've just got beaten to a pulp."

Sasuke was surprised. 'What is he talking about?....Beaten to a pulp? Is he serious? Were those guys really that strong?' he thought to himself.

"Sakura...the lotus of the leaf village blooms twice." Lee said.