Interview with Thevisibledarkness! ESCAPING DEATH (Dreaming_Love)

Interviewer: Thevisibledarkness

Author of 'Escaping death': Dreaming_Love

Link to 'Escaping death': http://www.wattpad.com/story/67255-escaping-death-watty-awards

What inspired you to write? I began to write as a sort of coping mechanism because I didn't know how to deal with my best friend's (who was also the first guy I have ever fallen in love with) disappearance. Ever since then I have loved writing. It's who I am. When did you start writing stories? I began writing stories when I was fifteen in my sophomore year of high school. What genre do you enjoy writing and why? I absolutely love writing fantasy. The reason why I enjoy it the most is because the writer can create their own world and rules. There is no limit to what can be created. The only thing to always remember is that it has to make sense to you. If it does not then how can the writer expect for someone else to understand it. But once you've figured out the quirks of your own personally made world then it's all rainbows and unicorns from then out. Why did you want to enter the watty awards? This one goes out to my beloved readers and fans. I decided to enter because they encouraged me to do so. If it wasn't for them I would not have ever considered the possibility because I didn't think I was particularly good or that I even had a chance to win. What do you think of this year's watty awards? I think that there are many wonderful stories that are going to be definite competition against each other in the genre round. I also wish that the stories that make it pass the first round would be judged on quality rather than what is "hot" at the moment. But what is a girl to do? Other than that I am excited to see all the stories who make it to the voting rounds! Do you any favorite author here? Yes, I do. Her name is Lily (lverlaine). She's definitely at the top of favorite authors on wattpad because she can virtually write any genre out there! She's a true inspiration to me... continue) ....to me and to others on this site. Have you published any book? I actually have not published any of my stories. I've been thinking about self publication, but still in the process of deciding if that is really what I want to do. In the future, I definitely want to see my works published once I've done some heavy editing because I know my writing isn't perfect, but there is always room for improvement. You only get better with experience and age! My first completed story, Escaping Death, would be what I'd love to publish first; right after I do extreme editing magic on that one. What is your advice for new wattpadders? Get familiar with how wattpad works. Join clubs and make friends with other wattpadders because they all share one thing in common with you: They love to write. Also, keep on writing even if you don't have many reads. It's always hard to start out, but if you work hard and get your story promoted with contests that other authors have or even posting your work in the Share Your Story Club - it's something! So do it! No one is going to know your work exists if you don't get it out there into the site. And also, write what you want because you want to. Don't conform to what is "hot" on the site at the time just because you want to be popular. Be ORIGINAL. People will love you even more for that. So good luck to all you future and current wattpadders!