𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 / 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥.

Start from the beginning

haru sat straighter, staring at asahi with wide eyes as he recalled his old relay team comprised of makoto, nagisa, [name], rin and himself. at the thought of rin, his eyes narrowed lightly.

kisumi noticed haru's reaction, returning his focus to asahi. 'so, does that mean you two are going for swimming? you should do basketball instead!'

'i told you, we're not doing basketball,' the magenta-eyed boy said, sounding like a broken record to [name].

'but i was thinking that if we started now, then we could be a really good team once we're third years,' kisumi sighed.

'are you underestimating me? if i joined, i'd obviously become a regular right away.'

[name] rolled her eyes at asahi's ego, locking eyes with ikuya. unsure of what to do, she waved her hand, earning a nod in acknowledgement.

'oh, that's amazing,' kisumi praised. 'of course you would, asahi! here's the club entry form.' he held out the form and a pen for asahi to sign, to which he took, then stood up and shoved the paper into kisumi's face.

'yeah- hey wait! i told you i wasn't going to join!' he protested.

'sorry, sorry!'

'i nearly signed it! i nearly signed it!'

'you should just join then!'

haru turned to the door, seeing makoto beckoning him over. a senior who was significantly taller than makoto - which haru didn't think was possible - poked his head around the door with a toothy grin. his brown hair was unkempt and messy, while his brown eyes glinted with charisma. he looked at ikuya and grew excited, though ikuya gave him a blank look from the corner of his eye.

this is kirishima natsuya, ikuya's older brother. he's captain of the iwatobi middle school swim team.

'what is it makoto?' haru asked, walking towards the door.

makoto looked to the natsuya, 'well, this senpai wanted...'

'hey! you're nanase haruka from iwatobi sc, aren't you? please, join the swim club!' he requested, enthusiasm radiating off him. haru hesitated, looking at makoto for an explanation.

'he's been saying this the whole time...' makoto said with a nervous laugh.

natsuya rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, leaning on the door. 'ah, i guess you won't be able to understand like this. sorry.' he stood up straight. 'i'm kirishima natsuya. i'm captain of the school's swimming club. i've come to recruit you for our club,' he explained. at the mention of a swimming club, [name] rose from her seat to join haru and makoto by the door.

'again?' haru asked, reminded of asahi's incessant nagging.

'hm? is something wrong?' natsuya wondered.

'no, it's nothing.'

'use polite language,' [name] scolded, nudging his side.

'desu.'

'ah, who's this?' the older boy questioned, smiling at [name] as she stood beside haru.