8. burn the house down

i walked inside the house with lip, i was carrying liam on my hip and lip carried in a garbage bag with some food in it

i walked inside the house with lip, i was carrying liam on my hip and lip carried in a garbage bag with some food in it. we walked in to see fiona standing in the kitchen.

fiona got the charges and jail time dropped but now she was a felon and she was on house arrest. she also had to make sure to meet with her probation officer once a week.

"hey." fiona said as she saw us walk in.

"hey." we both replied at the same time.

"my first class tomorrow is at 11:30, so we're gonna stay here tonight. and then friday it's 8am. so we're gonna stay at the dorms tomorrow night." lip told her.

"got it. got it. hi! hi." fiona said making her way over to liam.

"there we go." i said setting him down in his high chair.

"hi, my big boy. did you miss me today? i missed you, too." fiona said smiling at liam when he said he missed her.

"oh, you brought dinner. that's great. that means we can move tonight's mac and cheese to tomorrow, which gives us an extra day of food before we panic." fiona said.

"panic?" lip asked.

"yeah, i gotta pay the heat and electric before i buy groceries. it's pretty bleak. i got a check coming from the cups. but that's gonna cover rent. and food wise, we're low on everything but macaroni and mayonnaise." fiona explained.

"wait, you saved nothing from your job?" lip asked his older sister.

"i was trying to catch up on old bills. how'd he do today?" fiona asked, referring to liam.

"he's fine, fi." i told her.

"carl got suspended." debbie said walking in.

"shut up, ass brain." carl said walking in behind her.

"well, it's not like she's lying." emma said making carl roll his eyes.

"hi, lip." debbie said.

"hey, kiddo. how are you?" lip said giving debbie a hug.

emma walked over to me and gave me a hug as well and we both smiled at each other.

"hey, bud." lip said to carl.

"hey." carl replied going in for a side hug.

"um, i need someone to go to school with me friday morning or i'll be expelled." carl said taking off his jacket.

"well, i can't leave the house yet. they need to reschedule. did you tell them i'm stuck at home?" fiona asked.

"no." carl replied.

"well, go in tomorrow and tell them i'm sick. i have shingles or mono." fiona said.

"i'll take you, bruiser. what time?" lip asked.