I am surprised and comforted.

I don't know if I had actually wanted to reply to this person with my innermost thoughts. I don't know this person at all and I am not about to just spill the secrets of my life to just any random person who just seems friendly. That's just asking for trouble. Stranger danger is written all over this.

But yet I can't help but want to see what this person may have to offer. The words that have been left for me are insightful and I don't have anyone else to talk to. Well, I do, but they'd probably laugh if I tried to talk about these things with them, especially Derek. It is a very strange situation and I feel really indecisive and I have no idea what to do in a situation like this. It's not everyday someone random replies to your inner thoughts that isn't meant for them.

I wiped my face with my hands tiredness catching up with me again. I don't want to think about this now; I am too tired to even try. For now I will have to just put the notebook away and think about it later.

I have to start moving to my next class since it will start soon. So I double-checked my bag to make sure I have the notebook this time before leaving the library to go to my next class.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I stand there, leaning on the counter of the bar, using a rag to dry the cups that have been washed not moments before by one of my co-workers. I had arrived to work early that day to make up for me being late yesterday. I had left right after school ended so there isn't really many people here since they have probably gone home first before going out for the night.

So I am here, just drying the cups, and then putting them underneath the bar counter on the shelves. I was just waiting for something interesting to happen because drying cups is boring. There really isn't much else for me to do since the only people here are these two older guys that are weakly bowling in one lane, arguing about I can't make out and I don't care to.

Waylen is in his office, not really doing anything either. He doesn't have much to cook obviously, since no one is here. The two co-workers, a guy and a girl, that are on staff right now, are nowhere to be found. I can guess though that they are probably making out somewhere. I know this because I mistakenly walked in on them once.

I have no one to talk to because of this so I am stuck with the mundane work of stacking clean cups.

Then I hear the front doors of the bowling alley and familiar laughter follow just behind that. I know it is Derek before I even turn around. Derek has his arm around girlfriend, Camille, laughing at whatever she has just said. My eyes flicker to the person sulking behind them.

Dylan has her arms crossed against her chest, sporting a look that said, "I'd rather die than be here."

When Derek noticed that I am at the bar, he waves and then steers Camille and Dylan toward me. I immediately stop drying the dishes and walk around the counter where they are.

We used to bowl together all the time, especially since I got to bowl for free. But we stopped bowling as much as we used to since Dylan stopped talking to me. For Derek, bowling became awkward because every time Derek would ask me to bowl, Dylan would bail out and Derek hated having to pick between his sister and me. So we decided to just not play together.

Which also makes Dylan being here with Derek and Camille weird, since they all know I work here almost every day and Dylan has made it her mission to avoid me. 

"Hey guys. Are you here for bowling? Or did you come to see little ole me?" I ask, looking at Dylan out the corner of my eye as she picks her nails in a bored manner. I just wanted her to look at me for a second, to just let me know that she stills knows that I still exist. She doesn't though.