Prophecy

"Just breathe, Mione, just breathe." Came Sirius' voice as he dragged her along. It was July 31st, 1980. Hermione as going into labour. James was in an Order meeting, and Sirius had happened to walk past the library and heard Hermione scream.

"I AM BREATHING, DAMNIT, SIRIUS!" She screamed at him as they made their way to St. Mungos. "WHERE IS JAMES?" She added, clutching tight to Sirius' arm.

"He's on his way. I sent my patronus to him. He'll meet us there. Don't worry. Keeping breathing, that's what the Healer said. You have to breathe." Sirius assured her.

"IF I STOP BREATHING I DIE SIRIUS! I'M NOT GONNA STOP BREATHING! STOP BLOODY TELLING ME TO BREATHE!" Hermione was still shouting. Finally they reached the front desk at St. Mungos.

"Hi." Sirius greeting the witch behind it, who stared at them as if she saw people in such distress every day, which she probably did. "My friend here is about to have a baby." He explained. The witch nodded.

"Does she have a personal Healer?" The witch asked. Sirius nodded. He turned to Hermione.

"What was her name again, Mione?" He asked.

"Healer Simmons." Hermione gasped out, as a contraction ripped through her body. The witch behind the desk nodded. She waved her wand and a wheelchair appeared next to Hermione. Then she tapped a piece of paper in front of her and another witch appeared next to her.

"Healer Simmons has been alerted and is on her way. I'll take you to the delivery room, Mrs Potter." She said, helping Hermione into the wheelchair. "I'm Trainee Healer Skye. I'll be assisting Healer Simmons today." She continued then turned to Sirius, "Is this your husband?" Hermione and Sirius shook their heads.

"No, he's a friend. My husband is on his way." Hermione told her. Trainee Healer Skye nodded and smiled.

"Alright, let's go have a baby, then." She said and pushed the chair towards the lift. Sirius followed closely behind. Hermione was happy to be sitting down.

It wasn't till Hermione was all settled into the room that the next contraction hit. Trainee Healer Skye had spelled her into a loose white hospital gown and helped her into the bed.

"BLOODY HELL! WHERE IS JAMES?!" Hermione cried as the contraction ripped through her.

"He's on his way, Mione! He'll be here soon!" Sirius assured her as Trainee Healer Skye set up a few monitoring spells. It was then that Healer Simmons entered the room.

"Mrs Potter, how are you feeling?" She asked, approaching the bed.

"LIKE I'M HAVING A BLOODY BABY! WHAT DO YOU THINK?" Hermione screamed at her. Healer Simmons nodded.

"Alright, let's see how far along you are, shall we?" She asked, waving her wand over Hermione's distended lower abdomen. An image of the baby appeared and Hermione was mesmerized by it. "Ah, he's moving into position." Healer Simmons commented. "Not long now, dear." She told Hermione, who continued to stare at the three dimensional moving image of her son.

"HERMIONE!" Just then James burst into the room. Hermione tore her eyes away from the image and looked at her husband. He rushed to her side.

"James!" She cried, as he took her hand. "He's coming! Harry's coming!" She said, awe and pain both evident in her voice.

"Can't we get her something for the pain? Are you in pain, babe?" James asked Healer Simmons before turning back to Hermione. His wife managed to nod.

"She can drink this potion." Trainee Healer Skye said, handing a small vial to James, who helped Hermione to sit up and drink it. The effect was near instant. The pain was still there but it was more of a dull ache in the back of her mind. Hermione sighed in relief. James smiled at her and she smiled back at him.