Chapter 2

Dedicated to my sister midnightwolf12 cause she wanted it to be and this chapter contains an abusive relationship. If it bothers you don’t read it. Thank You.

--Damion's POV--

I feel a little lighter now that Jake knows. It’s been hard keeping from him. But that wasn’t nearly as hard as it’s going to be to tell my parents. My mom is an alcoholic and my dad is abusive. My dad started hitting her so she started drinking. The more he hit her the more she drank. Sometimes my dad hits her because she’s drunk. My older brother had it right when he ran away. I turn 18 in a few months. That’s when I’ll leave. I don’t know if I can handle them that long. When I finally get home it is 8pm.

I walked in to see my mom on the couch. She has vodka in her hand. I don’t think dad is home yet. “WHERE THE HELL IS MY DINNER?!”  Speak of the devil. My mom said something that sounded like sit keychain and of course Dad got angry. “ARE YOU DRUNK AGAIN?”  He started to go after Mom. She ran, but he had hit her already. She fell and hit her head on the corner of the hearth. Her head started bleeding a lot, but Dad didn’t care. He kept going after her. She’s not moving and that’s a lot of blood. Before I knew it I was on top of Dad. “BAD IDEA BOY!”  He punched my face. Now he’s on top of me. I kicked him off of me, got up then ran. He grabbed my leg and I fell. I rolled over to my back. He got on top of me again he hit me again. I reached for anything I could. My hand landed on something. He kept hitting me. I picked it up and hit Dad over the head with it. It shattered against his head. He fell over. I got up and ran to Mom. She lost a lot of blood. I heard the sirens the next thing I know the cop rush into my house. I tell them to help my mom. The medics came in next. Since I’m the only conscious one I’m the main suspect until they get more information. After my mom leaves in the ambulance, I’m arrested. I hope I can find someone to bail me out.

--Jake’s POV--

I woke up I heard something. My phone is ringing. Why is it ringing? I check the clock. It’s 3am. I found my phone and answered it. “Do you know what time it is? This better be important.” It’s Damion. “I need a favor.” “I am no booty call. Plus I’m not your type re-” He cut me off. “NOT THAT KIND OF FAVOR.” What crawled up his ass and died? “What is it?” “I’m in prison. I-“ “WHAT?! YOU’RE WHERE? HOW?!” “I’m in prison and I’ll tell you later. I need you to either find a way to get me out or take notes in Mr. Levy’s class for me today and check on my mom in the hospital.” I guess Dadzilla struck again. “I’ll get my mom so we can get you out.” He sighed in relief. “Thanks man. I owe you.” Then he hung up.

I went into my mom’s room. Good she’s home already. She’s sleeping. I shake he slightly as I say, “Hey Mom, can we bail Damion out of jail.” She shot up out of bed. “Can we what?” She looked completely shocked. “Can we bail Damion out of Jail?” She was already getting her jacket and purse. “What happened?” We were on our way outside as I told her about the phone call. “How did he get in there?”  “I don’t know. I told you all I know.” She’s speeding down the back roads. She would do anything she can to help Damion. She knew about his mom and would do anything to give him a better mother. She thinks it’s the worst possible thing to have a mother that is too drunk to care for you. What she didn’t know was that his dad is the devil. I never saw anything happen in person, but I did see the evidence. His bruises and broken bones were always somehow covered up with a story on how he fell or ran into something, but I knew the truth. He told me when we were younger and he made me promise not to tell. When I saw what his dad did I was glad my dad left me and my mom.

When we got there my mom took care of bail and everything while I paced around the room. How bad is it this time. Last time he had a broken arm and a really bad black eye. I took about half an hour to finish everything. It felt a lot long than that. When he got out I saw the damage done. His face was bruised and cut and he had a swollen nose. His mouth had an open cut on it, still bleeding. My mother gasped at the sight of him. What the hell happened this time? My mom gave him a hug. I guess it’s time for her to find out. “What happened this time?” I asked him. “What do you mean this time? Has this happened before?” My mom is looking at him with sympathetic eyes. She then looked at me. “You knew about this? Why didn’t you say anything we could ha-“ Damion cut her off. “I wouldn’t let him Ms. Fisher.” It turned to an awkward silence. Then Damion broke it. “I need to see my mom.” He rushed outside, and we went after him. “What’s wrong with Ashley?” My mom looked scared for her. “She’s in the hospital.”

-----------------------------Later That Morning-----------------------------

I was starting to fall asleep in Mr. Levy’s class when the lunch bell finally rang. I went to the cafeteria and headed to the table with the rest of the football team. I’m not hungry after everything that happened. Damion was asleep when it was time for school so we let him stay in the hospital with his mom. Turns out his dad he hit her hard enough to put her in a coma. Before I could make it to the table Carly Johnson cut me off. “Is it true? Did Damion really get arrested yesterday because he put his mom in a coma and attempted to kill his dad?” Good thing they have the story straight. “No.”  I tried to walk around her but she moved to keep me there. She has always been like this, even in elementary school she was the gossip queen. Damion and I are really good friends with her. “Then what happened?” I sighed and told her what Damion told me really happened. “Now go spread that so people will stop thinking he’s a psycho murderer.” She nodded then left. I was almost to the table when the nerd, Gary Spellman, cut me off. “Can you tell Damion if he wants to cancel Saturday I completely understand?” He is a scrawny brainiac that nobody likes. He thinks he is so awesome because his dad is millionaire.  “Why would I do that Geek?” He sighed. “Would you please just do this one thing?”  After he said that he left. What’s on Saturday and why is he so desperate to tell Damion about it?  Whatever, I don’t care. Lunch went by fast. After lunch I went to Ms. Tucker’s class.

Ms. Tucker is our history Teacher. She is so boring. I hate history. She starts her lecture on the civil war. I start dozing. I need to stay awake; she hates it when people sleep in class. She’ll pour water on us. Don’t sleep. Stay awake. Don’t sleep. Stay awake. The next thing you know I’m making out with somebody on the water tower. I guess I fell asleep. Oh well, I love these dreams. They’re really good. I broke off the kiss so I could see I who it was. I was DAMION. Then it started raining. I woke in Ms. Tucker’s class soaking wet. The class was laughing. Whatever, it’s not the first time this happened. “Nice to know you stopped kissing the desk.” Shit, did I really do that? Ms. Tucker went back to her lecture. Why am I having those kinds of dreams about my best friend? “Well that’s never going to happen because you’re not his type remember.” My brain said to me. “Why aren’t I his type?” I replied. “Why do you care?” I was about to “say” something back but the class bell rang and I lost my train of thought. The rest of the day I couldn’t stop thinking of the dream. Then finally the final bell rang. Damion is usually my ride home, so I don’t have a ride. I decide to walk to the hospital. I need to tell him my mom said he can stay with us until he has somewhere to go. I doubt he still wants to stay at his house. Plus, I need to ask him about some stuff.

When I walked into Mrs. Fisher’s hospital room Damion looked freaked out. “Are we late for school?” Of course that’s what he’s afraid of. “Dude, school is over you missed it.” He looked depressed. “I slept all day didn’t I?” Lucky ass. “Yeah, but you wouldn’t have wanted to go to school today anyway. Rumor has it you tried to murder your parents.” “Wonderful,” He said sarcastically. “Anyways, my mom said you can stay with us if you don’t want to go home.” He looked happy for second. “Thanks man, I owe you one.” “You owe me two, and I’m making sure I use it. Oh, and Gary Spellman said if you cancel Saturday he understands. What’s that about?” He looked even more upset than before. “Oh, that. That’s nothing.” He’s lying. “You’re lying.” “It’s just a date it’s nothing.” A DATE? A DATE? I’M NOT HIS TYPE BUT THAT DWEEB IS? THE FUCK? WAIT…WHY DO I CARE?

--Damion’s POV--

I woke up in a chair next to my mother’s hospital bed. Then Jake walked in. SHIT WHAT TIME IS IT? AM I LATE FOR SCHOOL? “Are we late for school?” He chuckled. “Dude, school is over you missed it.” “I slept all day didn’t I?” “Yeah, but you wouldn’t have wanted to go to school today anyway. Rumor has it you tried to murder your parents.” Fuck. “Wonderful,” I said sarcastically. “Anyways, my mom said you can stay with us if you don’t want to go home.”  “Thanks man, I owe you one.” “You owe me two, and I’m making sure I use it. Oh, and Gary Spellman,” by the way he said Spellman you can tell he doesn’t like him, “said if you cancel Saturday he understands. What’s that about?” Fucking Gary why did you have to tell him? Now he’ll bombard me until I tell him. “Oh, that. That’s nothing.” Please believe me. “You’re lying.” Fuck, I suck at lying.  “It’s just a date it’s nothing.” He looks pissed. I wonder why. “Oh, okay.” “We should go get my car from my house.” Then we walked to my house.