Chapter 1 : My Adventure starts with this Useless Goddess

Start from the beginning

"How about this one?" Aqua says, shoving the current paper in his face and replacing it with this one.

"Melzar the dragon has awaken from his century long slumber and is causing panic in the city. Defeat Melzar. Prize : 2.5 Million Eris. WARNING: Only for skilled adventurers."

"Absolutely not," Kazuma says without hesitation.

"But it has a hefty pric-" Aqua says only reading the prices yet not caring about its contents.

"We will d-i-e. It even says in the quest it was only for skilled adventure- Darkness?"

Kazuma looked over to see Darkness drooling at the thought of the dragon, the masochist, waking up from her daydream. "Ahh~" Darkness moaned, face crimson red. "I agree with Aqua, we should take on this quest."

"No!"

"Kazuma~ you cant move me out of the stable because your too picky," Aqua says puffing her face and putting on a small tantrum with her feet.

"Well sorry for wanting to live!" Kazuma says to Aqua.

The short crimson demon spoke up. "Kazuma, how about this one?"

"The lake east of Axel has been corrupted and is attracting monsters near the farm and eating crops. Purify the lake. Prize : 500,000 Eris."

"Hey, Aqua! Think you can do this?" Kazuma says tugging at her arm.

"Hmn?" Aqua says at she grabs and reads the quest paper.

"No! Nonononono," Aqua says, remembering what happened the last time she took on a purification quest.

"Ne, Aqua, weren't you the one who said not to be picky about quests?" Kazuma says using her own point against her.

"That only applies to NEETS like you! Its okay when I do it!"

"How about if someone stayed with you in the cage?"

"Huh?" Aqua took some time to think. "Well, I guess that would be fine, but who?"

"Oi Megumin!" Kazuma tugs at her arm. Megumin looks over. "What?"

"Can you go in the cage with Aqua?"

Megumin, not wanting to go in the cage after seeing what happened to Aqua the last time, quickly thought up of an excuse. "Nono, I can't swim."

"But you dont have to sw-"

"Still! I just can't!"

"How about yo- Darkness?" Kazuma asked looking at the blonde crusader.

Kazuma wasn't really surprised to see the drooling masochist aroused at the thought of the quest.

"On second thought, I'll just do it."

"EHHHH?! I don't want to be in a cage with a HIKINEET!"

"Then you would rather be alone?"

"Hm." Aqua thought about it for a moment before turning to Kazuma, glaring daggers at him. "Hmph! Fine! But you better not try anything!"

"I won't! What is your impression on me anyways? Is it that bad?"

Megumin and Darkness stayed unusually silent, only leading to Kazuma sighing in resignation.

As Kazuma and Aqua got into the cage, a awkward silence formed between the two, mostly because Aqua was curled up in the opposite corner of the cage, as if there was a hungry lion instead of Kazuma with her.

Kazuma says breaking the silence "Is it necessary to stay as far away from me as possible?"

Aqua puffs up her cheeks "Of course it is! Who knows what a NEET would do to me if I got too close!"