Yohannel

"Get your coat on," Dad runs pushing his arms into his black and white hoodie, ruining the program I was watching.

I was watching grey's anatomy at Sammy's request and I actually got hooked. I was already on episode 5. She would tell me about it a lot before I even watched it, as if I was there!

"Why?" I ask, earning a sharp glare from him.
He was in his 'just do what I say' moods so I decided to obey him. I throw on my jacket pecking Sammy's cheek with a kiss. "Don't do anything stupid," I warn her. She nods comprehensively and replies with a smile ensuring me so she won't. Her gaze returns straight to the program.

We get into the car, Dad in the passenger seat me in the driver seat. He exhales loudly.
"Drive us to the hospital," he demands his eyes locked on the beat-up light blue car in-front of us. I ignite the engine, and drive without arguing.

"I didn't even get a text to get the results," I shake my head as I hum tapping the wheel. I park in the closest vacant space to the doors and pull my jacket tighter around me in insecurity and I felt my anxiety take a huge toll on me, my arms become lathered in sweat, my heart knocking at my chest, I could feel the blood rush fast in my veins as my body heats up from anticipation.

"Hey what room is Dana Whiterose in?" Dad asks the man at the reception as he glances up from his screen pulling a sour face upon our arrival. I let out a huge sigh of release, yet my anxious sickly feeling had decided to stay.

We find out way fairly quickly, knocking at the door, getting the approval from the doctors who monitored her to give us a heads up. I was kind of excited to see mom, but at the same time annoyed, as she left me and I hadn't seen her for 7 years. Which yes, she did try and get in contact with me but me and my stubborn ass decided she wasn't worth it.

We walk in, but instead of being pale like we were, her face lit up, she had a weird glow in her cheeks and she looked happy. Her brown hair with streaks of blonde, stuck up as if she hadn't brushed it for days and although she had dark major eye bags, she looked happy.

"Won't you say hey to me? Come hug me, I'm not a stranger." She calls out holding her arms out to us. I hug mom tight, inhaling the scent of vanilla that I missed for so long. She cups my face in her warm sweaty hands.
"My handsome boy," She says smiling rubbing my cheek with her thumb. "24 now? You married?" She asks her hazel eyes locking in mine.

"Nearly, soon." Her lips widen excitedly, "show me." I pull out my phone my fingers fumbling almost dropping it.

I pull out a photo of January I took of her last summer. I feel so good being her personal photographer. She was so beautiful and it just made my heart skip like an excited child.

Her eyes widen

Her eyes widen. "She's beautiful, my boy has a good taste." She smiles kissing my cheek.
She was acting like she never left me, although I wanted to push her away, I kept her close. I missed it.

"Why did you cheat mom?" I suddenly ask and she drops me from her grasp, looking down in shame. "Who did you even cheat on him with?" My voice starts to heighten.

"Enough Yoan!" Dad shouts almost startling me but I ignore him. I carry on shooting glares at mom, waiting for her answer.
"Johann," She whispers looking away. I drop my jaw. Was I really hearing this?

Yet, it all makes sense, how did I not see it?
The three musketeers, Johann, Dad and Joel.
'Yohannel' the fans called them. I scoff at mom, her eyes tearing up in shame. She should be.

I feel dad grasp my forearm tightly yanking it almost pulling it out it's socket. "We're going now!" He yanks me outside the room.

"What was that for?!" He whispers. I yank my arm from his grasp. "Dad I'm 24, not 14. I have the right to know!" I walk out not looking back.

Dad catches up to me, huffing.
"I've got news," he says grabbing my attention.
"What?" I say curtly.
"I am unable to donate a kidney, so it's going to be you." He says frowning.

"I don't even want to now," I shrug walking to the car. "She's your mother you ungrateful shit," Dad says before strapping on his belt folding his arms.

"Johann," I scoff before igniting the engine.
"Always hated the bastard," I say increasing the speed of the car.
"You're gonna kill us slow down," Dad yells.

What am I doing?