Chapter 2// Pep rally disaster

Start from the beginning

" Falling for me already? That was quick" he said. I blushed and we laughed as he stood me up. The coach of the football team needed to talk to Zed so I went with Bree and Addison to go change into regular clothes. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zed's P.O.V. 

After talking with coach and joining the football team. I walked up to Eliza and Bonzo and told them the news. They were excited but I also needed to ask their advice about Zara.

"Hey guys I need your advice. Zara, does she seem different to you?"

" Well I mean she's human and is okay with zombies so I guess but-"  I cut Eliza off.

" No I mean like, physically different. After we first met she dropped this bracelet and its got words written in zombie on the back." I said showing Bonzo and Eliza the bracelet.

"Gar gar gazzar. Hmm. Well this is weird. How about you return it and just see what she says. Okay?" Eliza was very analytical so when it came to these things, I'd always listen to her. We walked to the cafeteria as the announcement was made and as soon as the doors opened, I saw Zara smiling at me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zara's P.O.V.

 As Zed walked in my heart melted. God this boy, I swear. As he got lunch and sat down, I told Bree and Addison that I liked liked Zed. At first they were weary but they said they were just worried for me want wanted to make sure I was safe. Zed and I locked eyes  and then across the cafeteria shouted, " Zara!" I looked at Addison and Bree and smiled. I got up and walked up to Zed's table.

" Hey, welcome to the cafeteria" I said, beaming. Zed smiled and  thanked me. I turned to Bonzo. He smiled at me and gave me a rose he carved out of apples." 

" Why is she over here? The whole point of having our own table is to avoid people like her." Eliza said.

" Oh, I was just thanking Z- "  I was cut off as the Acey's pulled me away, making the apple rose fly out of my hand.

" You know you're talking to zombies right" Tracey said.

" Well yeah, did it look like I was talking to snowmen?" I retorted.

" Okay, look. You're cousin is not gonna be happy you're palling around with zombies" Lacey said.

"Cheerleaders don't support freaks" 

"Oh right Bucky said there was something different about you and you're sister what is it huh? Overbite? Is one leg longer than the other? Do you wear corrective lenses?" Tracey interrogated.

" No! I'm the most normal person you've ever met." I argued. 

"Hanging with zombies can be hazardous. You could end up at the reject table like that." Lacey snapped and with that they all walked away. I looked at Zed and walked out of the cafeteria.

 I stopped in front of the art room and looked in.The painting closest to the door was mine. For a class I took art but no one knew it was AP art. The painting was of lavender fields in France, with a family all together on a tree swing looking at their work. Sometimes I wish I could be me and have no one judge me for it. It would be so much easier.

"Ahh ze perfect place for a picnic" Zed said in a french accent, giving me the apple rose. I smiled.

 "Sorry I couldn't sit with you at lunch. I was going to but no one will let me-" Zed cut me off.

" No, hey, I get it. Maybe someday" he said with hope in his eyes. We starting walking together, and I didn't really know where. 

" Thanks for saving me at the pep rally" I said 

" Are you kidding? I worked out for everyone. I'm on the football team and now we can eat lunch in the cafeteria. If things go well, maybe zombies will be more accepted. And we could like hang out in public" He told me.

" Wouldn't that be something"  I said back.  " This town, This school, its hard not fitting in." 

" How would you know, you're perfect?" Zed asked

" Honestly, my hair. This whole cheer thing. My parents won't let me be the real me and in this town I don't blame them." I said.

"What do you mean your hair?" Zed questioned.

I sighed and grabbed my necklace. "Well, this is a wig my real hair, would never be accepted here. They would make me live in Zombie Town if anyone found out." 

" Well, can I see?" Zed asked. I looked around and thought about it. I mean he wouldn't hate me right?  I mean he is a zombie. He would get it. 

" Maybe later? Definitely not in public." I finally answered. He nodded.

" Uh hey, I found this on the ground the other day." He said holding out my bracelet. Oh thank god, I had been looking all over my house for it.

" Oh my god, thank you so much Zed. This means the world to me. See, this is the last thing I have from my birth mom."  I said as  I hugged him. We broke apart and me just smiled at me. We heard teachers voices so we ran hand in hand to the safe room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------