Chapter 1

My name is Jasper. My last name, I have no idea. I barely know who my mother is, and I was basically raised by my best friend, Harold the bird. Harold can shape shift any type of bird he wishes. From a small humming bird, to a giant golden eagle that I can fly on. I also had the help of small pack of about 4 wolves. The alpha female is the one who helped raise me, along with Harold. I named her Luna. I know, typical.

I live in a small town. I'm not sure of the name of it, but it seems like everything is made of some shade of black. Everything just seems dark and depressing, which is why I like the forest.

I had golden eyes, which the entire town thought was weird, and I had milk chocolate brown hair. I have no idea who, or as the town says, what, my father is or was. And, my mother is part of some black magic, occult thing. So, I'm not on anyone's good side in this village.

I remember at about the age of 10, I tried coming back into the village, but, no one was going to have it. My mother taught me how to speak the language there, and a few spells. 

The spells were practically useless to me, so I soon forgot about them. She was going to try to get me into her black magic shit, but I wasn't interested. I was more interested in being with Luna and Harold. My only friends and family.

There was one little cottage that I would always pass by on my way out of the city. There was a woman there. She was small. No more than about 150 cm or 5 feet. Every time I'd walk by, she'd always give me a small smile, and a slight wave. I felt bad because every day I'd just blush and look away, walking a little bit faster.

I remember the first day I tried coming back into the village.

I was about 10. Harold had assisted me in learning the language of my village, so that I wouldn't be a total outcast. But, I was. My clothes were too small for me, and worn ragged. I remember the woman in the little cottage gave me some clothes that would better fit me. She had left them with Harold, so when I came back to my little den, they were there for me to change into.

I headed back into the village. I was being glared at, but I refused to make eye contact. I was tall for my age. Almost as tall as the girl from the cottage.

I made my way to the center of the village. That was my first mistake. That's where all the important people lived. The ones that didn't like people like me. And, because I wasn't known for about 10 years, I really wasn't accepted.

It seemed like the further into the village I went, the taller the people got. Until, suddenly, I accidentally ran into someone and they instantly kicked me. They murmured something under their breath, but out of fear, I ran back to my den, and curled up with Luna, shaking out of fear. She licked my hair until I slowly drifted off to sleep.

A/N: The other chapters will be a bit longer. Sorry that this one was so short.