Confrontation

My swarming thoughts came to a halt the moment I heard the bathroom door being slammed open, followed by a band of brunettes and blondes. I wiped my tears quickly and ducked my head so that they wouldn't see my puffy eyes. Pushing through them all and ignoring their whispers, most likely about that dreaded topic, I escaped. I took one final deep breath before walking back to class, where I would be attacked by questions from my best friend. Sighing I walked past all the other classrooms, only giving a brief glance at the students pretending to take interest in what their teacher is droning on about.

To busy looking into classrooms I didn't realize until too late that I was in the direct path of someone else. I felt the impact of my face hitting chest before I was falling to the floor. Bracing for impact I closed my eyes hoping for a not so painful landing. But the pain never came. And as cliche as it sounds I was being held in the arms of a boy with eyes full of worry. Quickly gaining balance I collected myself from his arms before I make a bigger fool of myself. Not taking a nother second to stare in his ocean-colored eyes. But before I could walk past him I felt his hand grasp my shoulder, halting my movements.

"Hey are you okay," his voice as soft as his eyes. It took me a couple of long, awkward seconds before I could muster up a reply.

"Y-Yes I'm fine thank you," hoping to shut the conversation down as quickly as humanly possible. And before he had the chance to reply I dashed to class not looking back, knowing he was still looking at me. Only when I turned the corner did I have a chance to breath. Never in my entire high school experience have I ever felt that way. I can still hear the drumming beat of my heart hammering against my chest wanting to burst free. And for the first time today I felt a small smile come to my face.

After recollecting myself I opened the door the lullaby that is my teacher's lecture. Not bothering to speak to anyone I sat down, pretending to be doing something . All while not being able to knock this stupid smile off my face.