thirty

Halston stretched out across her bed, Brock asleep next to her. They had been home from California a few days, and Brock was over last night. They must have fallen asleep watching their movie. She knew Brock wouldn't have stayed on purpose. He's never stayed the night at her apartment before.

She rolled over and saw it was 7 am. She groaned, and rolled into Brock hoping to fall back asleep. Fortunately, her hopes worked, and she fell back asleep for a few hours.
————-
She woke up and Brock was gone. She smelled pancakes and she immediately jumped up. She wrapped her throw blanket around her body and walked into the small kitchen and her and Miranda's apartment. She saw her boyfriend shirtless, standing over the stove making food.

"Babe? What's the occasion?" She asked and he gave her a look. "Halston. It's May 27th." He told her and she smiled. "It's my birthday!" She realized and he smiled picking her up and kissing her lips. "Happy birthday baby." He told her kissing her again.

Brock set her down and she hopped up onto the counter next to the stove. She pulled her phone out of her sweatpants pocket and turned on some music, Shawn Mendes playing softly through her and Miranda's small apartment.

"Pancakes are ready, babe." Brock broke her out of her daze and she hopped down from the counter, grabbing 2 plates and 2 juice boxes from the fridge. She grabbed silverware and sat down at the table, giving Brock his plate and everything else.

They ate in a comfortable silence, music playing softly in the background. "What do you want to do today, cutie?" He asked her and she shrugged. "I don't know, dinner? That's all I really want to do. I want a steak. That's what I really want." She told him and he smiled. "I'll book a reservation at the nicest steakhouse in town." He told her and she shook her head. "You don't have to do that. We can go somewhere cheap." She argued and he laughed.

"Babe, it's your birthday. We're going somewhere special." She just laughed and realized she wasn't going to win the argument.

The day had gone by fairly fast. Brock took Halston to see Black Panther (for the 3rd time) and they just lounged around all day. It was what she wanted, after all. He also took her to take her nails done. Brock sat in the spinny chair and watched E! News, watching the anchors talk about the same 5 stories the whole time.

It was time for their dinner, and Brock got out and opened the door for Halston when they got into the parking lot. She gave him a smile as a thank you and got out of the car. They were seated after Brock told the hostess his name and their reservation and they were seated in a spot in front of the window, overlooking the city. It was truly beautiful.

They ordered their drinks and they made small talk, talking about Gus and when Brock was going to Minnesota to see his family and when Halston was going to Arizona. "Hals, I have something to tell you." Brock said nervously and Halston grabbed his hand, nodding. "What's up, babe?"

"I love you. I told you when you were sleeping. I have for a while now but I didn't want to scare you away. I love you. I love the way your eyebrows scrunch up when you're focused. I love the way you smile when you come to my games. I love the way you love Gus. I love the way you drink the same thing from Starbucks everyday, a caramel macchiato. I love the way you love Isaac. I love the way you would rather stay inside and read a good book than go to the club. I love the way you're shy but also so outgoing at the same time. I just love you so, so much and I had to tell you."

By the end of Brock's ramble, Halston was crying. "Brock, I heard you when you said that. I love you, so much. That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I love you Brock." She told him and his smile grew. "Oh, thank god! I was worried you were gonna say you hate me." He joked and she rolled her eyes, kissing him across the table. "I love you, babe. Thank you for the best birthday ever."

tagged: halstonanderson

liked by: halstonanderson, isaac_anderson, and 26,362 others

bboeser: happy birthday to my special girl. i love you more than anything. enjoy this cute picture i took of you when you didn't know while you were dancing to Maroon 5

halstonanderson: wtf this is actually rlly cute. but i love you baby thank you so much 💓💞💞💖💙💙💗

isaac_anderson: happy birthday sis! love you lots :)