nineteen

Today is Halston's last day in Arizona. Brock was still with her, despite her very frequent protests. Today, she was going to say bye to Jakob. She didn't know where they were. They had only hung out twice, and she knew she still had feelings for Brock. He was a good friend, but she knew they would never work out.

She looked in the mirror one more time and decided she looked good enough and left Isaac's apartment to meet Jakob at the coffee shop that she took him to the first time they hung out. She walked, because it was right down the street.

When she walked in, she saw him sitting at a table in the corner. He smiled at her as she walked in and stood up and gave her a hug. "Hi gorgeous, how have you been?" He asked and pulled out her chair for her. She thanked him and sat down, noticing he had ordered her her coffee just the way she liked it.

"Jakob, we need to talk about something." She told him as she sat down. "Relax, Hals. I already know. You're gonna say you had a great time with me but we live too far away. I can tell by the look in your eyes. I totally understand. And I know you still have feelings for Brock and I totally understand that. I hope I can see you if our paths cross when you come to Arizona." He spewed out everything she was thinking.

"Wow, that's literally everything I was gonna say." She chuckled and he gave her a hearty laugh, making her smile. They talked over coffee for another hour when Jakob looked down at his phone. "I have to go to practice in like an hour so I have to go. It was amazing meeting you, Halston. I really hope we can see each other again." He stood up and smiled at her. "Of course! I'll be back sometime soon and I'll text you the second I figure out when." She explained and he wrapped her small body in a hug, kissing her on the forehead. "Thanks for the coffee." She told him and he smiled. "Anytime, Halston. Good luck with Brock."

Halston got in her car and drove to Isaac's. She needed to start packing her stuff, but when she walked in, Brock was sitting on Isaac's couch with a mischievous look on his face. "What are you up to, loser?" I questioned and he laughed. "I'm so bored, I just wanted to make you suspicious when you walked in. I have to say, I'm not as bored with you here now. You're not that bad." He joked and she rolled her eyes.
"I certainly didn't miss your insults, Boeser." She laughed, sitting next to him on the couch. Brock wrapped his arm around her and she leaned into him, sighing happily. "I want to take you out when we get home. I feel like it's the least I can do after everything that's happened. I really hope we can move past this, Hals. I swear on my life I didn't kiss her back. I would never do that to you. I care about you so much and I hope you know that." He spilled out to her and she smiled.

"Brock, of course I forgive you. I totally believe you. Let's just forget it ever happened. But I would love a date, maybe at that fancy new Italian restaurant by campus..." She joked and he laughed. "If that's what you want, that's what you get. Your wish is my command." He told her sweetly, kissing her on the forehead.
"We should probably get packing. We have to leave for the airport in 2 hours." Halston spoke up after a few short minutes of silence. "I know, let's go." He stood up and as Halston was standing up, Brock grabbed her by the waist and threw her over his shoulder, laughing. "Brock! Put me down!" She hit his butt and he laughed. "No can do, sweetheart." He laughed. She was so happy to have him back.

 She was so happy to have him back

tagged: bboeser

liked by: bboeser, mirandaaalewis, and 2,830 others

halstonanderson: en route to my roomie and poutine ✈️

mirandaaalewis: YAY I MISS YOU SO MUCH

isaac_anderson: i miss you already :(

jakobchychrun: ^^^

bhutt10: my otp is finally back together!!!!

user1: ^^^^ why is Ben all of us