Nobody knew that except for E, it was an equal investment for the both of us. We started off young, hustling for shoes it never even crossed my mind that I would have hundreds of thousands to my name after a couple of years.

Me and E met when we were eight, my parents had just moved down the street from his grandma's. I was outside playing catch with Martez and here come these two kids running up the street with cap guns.

They started to act like they were shooting at me and I got mad wanting to fight. They jumped me then the next day they came knocking on my door asking if I wanted to go and ride bikes with them.

Long story short, me and E been tight every since then. How we got into hustling was a whole other story. Basically we were two poor kids who payed attention to the neighborhood dealers. We noticed the jewelry and cars first but what really got me was the shoes. Anybody that knows me knows how I feel about a clean shoe collection.

I had the plug and E had the clientele. We were only thirteen at the time but we were made men. We knew what we were dabbling in as youngins.

I was broke out of my thoughts when the officer opened the back door for me. The cuffs were starting to get tight but I knew they would be coming off momentarily. We went inside the precinct they did a thorough search before I went through processing; fingerprints and headshots. I listened to the correction officers talk shit back and forth before they lead me to a holding cell that held two other guys.

They were both some white boys around my age. I sat on an empty bench away from the two until the shorter one with black hair came and sat next to me. I continued to sit there until he spoke.

"What they get you for bro?" He questioned
"Because he's black" the other one that had blonde hair spoke up before I could. I shot him a warning look. It rubbed me the wrong way but I didn't want to think too deeply on it because I really didn't know if he meant any harm by it or not.

"Some bull shit," I answered the question that was initially asked. "Man I feel you bro, the cops are always on some bull shit out here." I nodded "what you in here for?" I asked him just for the sake of time.

"Carjacking, joyriding and possession," he said. "Damn," I blurted already knowing he might get hit with a sentence.

"It aint shit tho, I know my lawyer will eat the case up," he said shaking his head. "Dude would you shut the fuck up yo dumb ass gone sit in here with the black guy." the other one spoke up again causing me to chuckle.

"You got one mo time to let some racist shit come out that mouth of yours and I promise you, you wont like my reaction," I spoke calmly through clenched teeth. This guy was bugging and I wasnt for the racist shit. I was a cool ass nigga and not much could bother me but I had a strong ordeal against racism of any form or fashion.

I sat back and continued to kick shit with Dave, he was cool as hell and made the hours pass by with his wild ass stories. The other guy Tim didnt say too much of anything else and I was glad because I really didnt feel like making an example outta him in this holding cell. I knew that would've just been more shit for the weak ass correction officers in here to tel the judge whenever I finally got a chance to see one.

After a few hours I picked up the phone and dialed E's number. We had some shit planned and I knew it would be best if I explained shit to him. "Yo, fam what the fuck happened?" he shot off once the call finally connected. "Bro I dont even know I woke up to this wild ass shit," I explained to him.