Shit. He felt like not answering or blocking the number, but that definitely wouldn't make things better. It's only Tweek. Don't be such a pussy. Just talk to him.

Craig: yeah I remember now. hi. sorry for running off.

Tweek: no worries. sorry for being rlly forward. I'm not usually like that...

Craig: It's ok. I just got kind of caught off guard and overwhelmed

Tweek: if I didn't scare u off too badly, can we maybe be friends?

Craig blinked, unsure of how to respond. Friends? After telling him he didn't have any and making it clear he didn't want any? A reply came before he could start typing.

Tweek: wait sorry, I know u don't want friends... but I feel like I could help u... if u want it

Craig turned off his phone, tossing it onto his bed, and he sat back in his chair with a sigh.

***

It was around 10pm when Craig snuck downstairs and stole a couple of his dad's beers from the fridge. He only took two cans, which wasn't enough to get him drunk, but it was enough to relieve his increasing anxiety.

So, now he sat with his back resting against the headboard on his bed, as the taste of cheap beer filled his mouth and burned his throat as he downed the first can. He didn't feel any different, but after the second, he could tell he was more relaxed and that was exactly what he wanted.

Craig unlocked his phone and his messages to Tweek were the first thing that popped up. His heart sped up a little as he re-read the last text Tweek had sent him. It had been a couple hours since Tweek had texted him and he still hadn't replied to it. A part of him wanted to believe that Tweek could make him into a good person, or at least, a decent person. He knew he was a shell of the person he used to be, but could Tweek fix that? He had his doubts.

But even, if they became friends, what would Token and Clyde think? Token probably wouldn't care, but Clyde definitely would and so would the rest of the school. His reputation would be ruined for good and no one would take him seriously.

Scrolling through his contacts, Craig stopped on the one he wanted and he pressed the call button. Several rings later, a voice from the line answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, dude," Craig greeted. "I, um... I kinda need your help with something."

"I'm not doing your homework for you again," Token deadpanned.

"No, no - it's nothing like that," Craig replied hastily, though he glanced at his math assignment that still laid abandoned on his carpet.

"Okay, then what is it?"

"Uh, I need advice, I guess."

"Advice?" asked Token. "You, asking for advice? Is this a joke?"

"No, look - " he paused, running a hand through his hair. " - I have a problem and I don't know who else to go to."

"Go on," Token pressed, after a moment of silence.

"So," Craig started slowly, "I have this choice I have to make. If I say no to it, I might end up regretting it, but if I say yes to it, I know people around me will look at me differently."

"Why do you care what people think?" he asked, carefully taking in all of Craig's words.

"Well, I don't know," he answered. "I just... I don't think I'll be taken seriously if I say yes."

"But, will it make you happy if you say yes?"

Craig paused, thinking it over. Would it? The pros of being friends with Tweek were being able to hang out with someone that he enjoyed talking to and possibly becoming a better person at the same time, but then, he'd get judged for it and his reputation would go to shit. No one would take him seriously - no one would be afraid of him, but then again, it's not normal for people to want to be feared.

"Craig? You still there?"

"Uh, yeah, sorry." He blinked his way back to reality.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Actually, Token," he said, avoiding the question. "I think I made up my mind. Thanks."

"I'm not really sure how I helped, but you're welcome," Token replied. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you then." With the lie leaving his mouth, he hung up.

Call from Token has ended, read his phone and he clicked out of Token's contact. He tapped into his text messages and realized he had received another text from Tweek as he was on the phone with Token.

Tweek: I'm sorry for making things kinda weird between us. I hope maybe we can still hang out again sometime? or even just talk? If not, I understand..

He began to type and when he was satisfied with the reply he sent it.

Craig: actually, I know this is kind of random, but do you want to skip school with me tomorrow? we can talk about things then

After a few minutes, he received another message from the boy that agreed to skipping school (which honestly surprised him). Craig told him to meet him at Stark's Pond in the morning and with that sent, he tossed his phone onto the desk beside his bed. He pushed the beer cans onto the floor, hearing them lightly clink, as he pulled the blankets over him and enjoying the warmth they gave him.

Craig rolled onto his side and stared in the direction of his wall through the darkness. There had to be a way to become Tweek's friend and still carry his reputation of being a strong, feared asshole. He'd just have to figure out how to do that.