Chapter 2.

When we got to Vincenzio's house, well mansion, his butler immediately greeted us at the door. This, I was used too, what I wasn't used to was the sound of dogs barking every time someone moved. I could see my grandmother tense up with every bark and cringe every time Mrs. De Luca screamed at them to "be quiet!".  I knew my grandmother wanted to be anywhere but there and I kind of enjoyed seeing her uncomfortable. It was a rare experience that she was putting someone before herself, I appreciated her for the first time in a long time. I was deep in thought when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and turned around to see Vincenzio smiling his sparkling smile. My heart raced and my stomach exploded with the unfamiliar feeling of butterflies. He slid his hand from my shoulders to my lower back to my hand. My skin tingling wherever he touched it.  I didn't notice that I was smiling until Mrs. De Luca pointed it out awkwardly and I turned the color of her scarlet rug underneath our feet. I heard a laugh that I didn't recognize and turned around to see another gorgeous boy. He was a different gorgeous, a darker type. He was, unbelievably, even taller than Vincenzio, with dark brown eyes and shorter, almost black, hair. He wasn't as muscular but his arms were defined.

"Gabriel, don't be rude, come say hello to our guests!" Mrs. De Luca half shouted, causing my grandmother to cringe, yet again.

"Gabe," he said as he reached my grandmother to shake her hand.  

"Very nice to meet you, Gabriel," He didn't look amused. "How old are you?"

"18 last week, ma'am," He said.

"Where were you hiding tonight?" She asked, making me cringe and Vin hold my hand even tighter.  She could be so cruel sometimes.  

"Someone had to watch the dogs!" Gabe joked. With that he exited, brushing my shoulder.

"You look good in purple," Gabe said to me, loud enough for just Vin and I to hear and causing Vin to tense up. 

"Well, it's late and Abriella needs to get up in the morning for work" my grandmother said, standing up. I don't work. None of the girls in my family were allowed to work, we were old fashioned that way, and everyone knew that. 

"Already? We barley just got here though! Stay for one cup of tea at least." Mrs. De Luca pleaded with her, her voice hurt.

"No no, wouldn't want to be a trouble! We've imposed, as it is already! We'll be off now."  Her fake happy voice back on full blast.

"I'll show you to the door." Mrs. De Luca disappointingly said, she knew better then to fight with my grandmother. 

"Let me, Grandma" Vin offered.

"Great idea, goodnight Clarissa, great seeing you! Keep in touch doll!"  Giving her air kisses on both cheeks at the end of her sentence. My grandmother smiled politely but said nothing.

Vin led us to the door, said goodbye and thank you to my grandmother, kissed her on the cheek and asked if he could keep me for thirty seconds.

"Thirty seconds, I'll be counting" she agreed, shocking me, and leaving the house.

"Sorry about Gabe.." Vin said, shy for the first time all night.

"Why?" I asked, stealing his line.

Instead of answering me he grabbed my waist and he kissed me, a kiss that lingered on my lips even when he reluctantly pulled away.

"Give me your phone," he whispered into my ears, the Vincenzio that was at dinner back again.

I reached into my handbag and gave him my purple iPhone, dizzy from the kiss. He programmed his number into it and said that he already had mine.

"Goodnight Abriella, " He said, using my full name again. "I had fun tonight."