You're like a drug. Always tempting the addictive crave that stays, lingering deep within. Always leaving with the feeling of wanting more and more, not ever getting enough. The craving that drives you wild and makes the addiction spiral out of control when thought that it was in check. You put that temptation deep inside of me, never wanting to let go, always wanting more. You are my drug.

I tried to let go, to resist the urge to go to you, to move on, but you came back dangling yourself in front of me like candy to a little kid. You, despite all the will power that I have, are my weakness, my kryptonite. You are destruction and beauty combined into one masterpiece. You say you don't want me, but yet keep coming back like a child to a home. You make me complete. You kill me.

I had once saved you, and you held onto me like your lifesaver. You needed me, much like how I need you. I can be fearless and fearful, but you make me stronger. You let me go, but I can't. I'm tired and you want to play games. I grew up, you reversed. I made up my mind.

Over and over you do the same thing, say the same thing, but I can't stop the hope. You tell me it's over, I can't say goodbye, and you like it. I'm like a yo-yo on a string to you, as you play with my heart and my head. The strings inside of you seem broken yet the soft song still plays. You are not the same person I fell in love with. I'm not the same either. You grow up and you grow apart, but somehow we intertwined our roots. You can't get away from me. I don't want to get away from you.

I recover. I try to move on, but you come back again. I give in, and spiral out of control. I hit rock bottom yet again, and you don't care. You are a drug. You are my drug. You kill me.