"Did Jay leave for school this morning?" I asked.

"I don't think so..."

"Oh, my... Jay..." I felt like collapsing. "He's not in his room. Jayden's jersey, our pictures, his backpack, skateboard... they're all gone. And he made a fake body shape with his pillows."

"Where is he then?" 

"I don't know! If I knew I wouldn't be this worried!" I yelled.

"Here, we'll call him. Don't worry about it."

I saw impatiently while Jack called him. He didn't pick up causing my heart to race a lot faster.

"Let's go check the school and see if he's there," Jack said. 

I nodded. I followed him out the car with Hashbrown. Zach was dropping Veronica off at school. 

...

I ran into the school building. A few of their older teachers recognized me and a few kids recognized me as Deja Johnson. I ran to the main office.

"Hi, um did Jayden Miller come to school today?" I asked.

"Let us check," they said. "No. He didn't."

All I could feel was the worry. He ran away. He did the one thing that  I wanted to do the whole time I was in high school.

I left the office and ran back out to the car.

"He's not here," I said. 

"Your dad's house? Jayden's parents' house?"

"I don't know where he is," I cried.

"We'll find him, don't worry. I'll tweet it out with a picture of him. Fans here in LA will find or spot him, I promise."

"Okay..."

My vision was going blurry and I couldn't focus straight. My heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest any second now. I couldn't handle the pain or the anxiety. I felt like I was falling, but I wasn't even moving.

"Okay, I just posted it." I nodded.

Jay, where could you have gone?

...

It was 7 pm. Still no sign of Jay. Anywhere.

Zach, Jack, Veronica, and I all sat in the living room. Along with my dad, Brianna, and Jayden's parents. The police were on the lookout for Jay. Even a few kids from school were looking for Jay.

There was a knock at the door. I got up and answered it. Daniel.

"Daniel," I said immediately hugging him.

"Did you guys find him yet?" He asked. I shook my head. I smiled at Daniel, Jack, and Zach as they all reunited.

I felt numb. I didn't know what to feel anymore.

I got up and walked to the kitchen to get some water. Zach followed me.

"Babe..." He said softly. I began to cry at the sound of the word. Babe was Jayden's number one nickname for me. The one thing that he would always try and get me to call him.

"I want to be alone, Zach."

"Why?"

"Please just go," I said softly. 

"No," he said. I turned and looked at him. "You're hurting, Deja. You're in pain. You should not be alone at a time like this. You need someone to talk to and to be around. It's not fair to you and it's not fair to anyone else. I'm not going to just go because you want me to. We're in this together."