Veronica:82

Depuis le début

"Yeah, he was so just so cool that sometimes I feel like I'll never live up to him."

"You will bro," Jacob said patting my back. "Do it for him."

We continued to walk around the halls. My mom said that nothing had changed since she graduated and I can tell. I found my locker and opened it. The inside was plain, but in small letters, a name was written.

Lucas Posey was here! August 27th, 2017! 

"Woah, this dude went to school with my dad!" I said pointing at it. Jacob and Richie walked over to look at it.

"That's so cool. I wish someone wrote in my locker like that," Richie said. "Mine is just a plain maroon locker."

I laughed. The bell rang dismissing us to our first period. Jacob and Richie didn't have my first period, sadly. And I was nervous. 

I walked in and sat down. After the bell rang we all had to stand up and move to our seats which were displayed on the board. I didn't know anyone in the class except for Jeremy Thompson. But I never really talked to him in middle school.

Then the teacher took the role. She called out names and I matched names with faces. 

"Jayden Miller," she said. I looked up.

"Here."

"Jayden Miller. I remember that name. A charming young boy, you even look like him."

"Did he go here?" I asked.

"Yes, he did. He was on the Varsity football team as a freshman and he got a scholarship to UCLA as a senior. He was a such a humble kid."

"He was my dad."

"Wow!" She smiled. "I must be really old if I had your father as a student. Years go by fast."

"Your dad isn't Jayden Miller!" A kid in the class said. I turned around to look for who said it. A few guys were laughing. 

"Yeah, he is."

"What a liar. You guys just have the same name," A kid with dark brown hair and blue eyes sat in the back said. "Don't lie, Herron."

"Herron?"

"Kian Deegan?" The teacher called.

"Here," the kid said. Kian Deegan.

"Your dad is a singer, not a football player. Zach Herron. My mom used to listen to his crappy music all the time when she dated him."

"Your mom?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah, she went to school with Jayden Miller and his girlfriend Deja."

"Yeah, and then Jayden and Deja got married and had me. Jayden Miller Jr."

"She dated Jayden too."

"My dad is Jayden Miller. Not, Zach Herron. Zach Herron will never be my dad."

"Do you really think everyone is going to believe that Jayden Miller and his super hot high school girlfriend gave birth to... that?" Everyone in the classroom laughed.

"Settle down kids," Mrs. Lawrence said. I rolled my eyes and faced forward.

God, I already hated school.

...

"Hey, Jay! Sing a high note for us!" A few guys teased as I walked through the hall.

A few girls even asked me if my dad was really Zach Herron and I had to explain to them that he was my stepdad. I stood in front of the trophy case and stared at the picture of my dad again. I didn't understand why he had to die...