Chapter 14

Starting To Feel Normal Again.

Varian and Rapunzel turns to Clarissa, Rapunzel felt uneasy, Varian said "Want do you want?" His was quiet and hurt. Clarissa said "You should go before the other returns." Rapunzel nods and grabs Varian's arm before walking to the way out, before she closed the door she saw sadness in Clarissa's eyes, and something else that reminded her of a mother...
Varian and Rapunzel walk to the entrance of the cave forgetting about the guard to hear a shout "Who are y'all?" Rapunzel sighs and before knocking him out, Rapunzel looks back at Varian to see him just staring into space, and his eyes were still filled with grief. Rudiger runs up to Varian, getting onto his shoulders.
Rapunzel and Varian walk to Old Corona. Varian looks onto the ground as Rudiger runs to the ground to get an apple from an apple tree. Rapunzel walks up to him and said "Varian everything is going to be ok." She places her hand on his shoulder and smiles at him. Varian just stares at the ground and he said "No it isn't! My dad is gone, and my mom abounded me and joined that stupid group." Rapunzel barelt understood his last words as his voice goes into a cry. She hugs him, trying to comfort him.
Rapunzel hears a bush rustle, expecting it to be Pascal only to find Cassandra, Eugene, and Pascal. Rapunzel smiles and said "Eugene! Cassandra!" She hugs them both, then she stops and ask "What has happen at the castle." Cassandra cross her arms and said "Well first the King went looking for me and Eugene, expecting us to know and we didn't. Then he sent some guards to find you, when they came back he got sick so your mother has to take over ruler for a while, and so she sent us today to come and get you." Rapunzel ask "Is he ok?" Cassandra nods and said "He just needs alot of rest."
Eugene said "And now that we have found you, let's go back to the castle." Rapunzel said "I can't..." Eugene ask "Why Blondie?" Rapunzel looks at Eugene too see a confused face and she looks at Cassandra to see another confused face. Rapunzel sighs, while rubbing her arms and said "Varian's dad died and he has been crying, alot." Eugene said "He can't be that bad, we can bring him back to the castle." Cassandra sighs and said "Eugene, the King will probably lock him up and last time he was left alone he wanted to destroy all of Corona." Eugene said "Oh....." Rapunzel said "I have to come go Corona soon...... Ok we're going back to Corona." Eugene nods and said "Ok, just to make it clear are we bringing the kid or not." Cassandra turns to Eugene and said "Of course, idiot!" Eugene mumbles under his breath.
Varian and Rapunzel walks back to Eugene and Cassandra. Varian barely looks at Eugene and Cassandra and looks back down at the ground. Rapunzel said "Let's go!"
They soon get to the castle, they talk into the Throne Room, to greet the Queen. Rapunzel walks up to her mother and hugs her. Varian quickly puts his head down when he sees Rapunzel hugging her mother, jealously surges through him, then sadness. Queen Arianna said "I'm so glad your safe and your back." Rapunzel smiles and said "Me to." The Queen looks back at Cassandra, Eugene and Varian. Queen Arianna said "Good job Cassandra and Eugene. And it seems you have found Varian." Varian stares at the floor, not meeting the Queen's gaze, he was scared of what he might see in her eyes.
Rapunzel whispers to her mother about Varian's father being dead. The Queen said "As for now till King Frederic gets healthy today Varian," Varian looks up to meet the Queen's gaze and she continues "you are not to be locked up." Varian nods and Queen Arianna smiles at him, Varian wonders why she was being so nice to him, didn't he abducted the Queen and try to freeze her in the amber crystal that froze his dad? He sees Rapunzel smiling at him and he lightly smiles.
Varian sat in a bed in a bedroom he was given, reading a book called Tales of Flynn Rider. It helped him get his mind off of his dad's death, he looks outside the window. He sees the lively village and frowns, it remaindered him before meeting the princess and everything wasn't crazy. Sure he didn't have any friends and he was always failing on his inventions, but back then his dad was alive.
He closes the book and holds the book close to his heart, he sees Rudiger coming up to him and he smiles before placing the book on a side table and petting Rudiger.
He hears a knock on the door and he said "Come in." Cassandra walks in and ask "How are you doing, Varian?" He looks at the ground and said "Fine." He pauses before asking "Why do you care?" He looks up to see concern in her eyes. He wonders 'Do they think I'm going to turn evil again?' Cassandra said "I was just curious, you were quiet on the way here and I only has been a day and all you have been doing is being in here reading."
Varian looks at the book and he said "I don't know what I'm pose to do in a castle which everyone hates me." Cassandra sits beside him on his bed and said "Not everyone hates you, and if it seems like that it probably is because they are worry you will...." She stops herself and he finishes it "Evil? You can stop acting like I'm a kid or I'm going to turn evil. It's not hard to see that." Cassandra sighs and said "I know, Varian, I'm sorry." Varian said "Their's nothing to be sorry about, I should be the one saying sorry." Cassandra sighs and said "Want to go do something? You are allowed too leave the room." He looks at her and he said "Umm.... Ok."
Rapunzel was sitting in the room with her father. She tells him everything that happened. King Frederic said "All that matters right now is that you are safe." He smiles at her before coughing. She ask him "Are you ok, dad?" He nods and he said "Just a cough." She smiles and he said "You better go before you catch something." Rapunzel smiles softly and said "Ok, bye dad." She leaves the room before running into Eugene. He said "Blondie! How have you been?" She smiles and said "Good, why?" He said "And guess what special day is coming up, next week." Rapunzel thinks about it and said "My dad getting better?" He shakes his head and said "Nope!" Rapunzel said "Lance's birthday? Or is it Cassandra." Eugene said "My birthday!" Rapunzel said "Really! We can throw a party! Or... Or..." He stops her right their and he said "I want it to be a surprise, oh and also I heard the King wanted to talk to you." Rapunzel and Pascal both rolls their eyes at Eugene and she said "We just came back from talking to him." Eugene said "Oh..." He laughs nervously and said "Well I guess you found that out..... Even though I was post to tell you two hours ago...... Well I have to go, bye!" Rapunzel laughs as Eugene runs off, somewhere. She looks at Pascal rolling his eyes at Eugene and Rapunzel giggles. She looks outside seeing Cassandra and Varian riding horses, well it looks more like Cassandra teaching Varian how to ride horses. Rapunzel said "Everything is starting to feel normal again since the day I got back to the castle with Varian."