Train Ride

About a week passed and we were off to the train station. My father took me. When we got to the platform entrance, there were hoards of people. One hoard in particular, the Weasleys. Ugh, the Weasleys, I've heard stories of how bad they are from my mother. They seem quite annoying.

Once I had gotten on the train I slowly prowled my way to the back, looking for a place to sit.

"Oy, look at that one!" A kid shouted. Offended I stopped in my tracks and made a disgusted face. Only to be run into by a trolley full of sweets, that the kid and his friends pushed me aside to get to.

"The last one was totally wiped out!" One of is friends shouted.

I put my hands on my cheeks in embarrassment and jogged to the back of the train. There was a completely empty compartment that I had taken and sat in. I closed the door and put my knees up to my chest when I sat back down. I can't believe I thought they were talking about me. How embarrassing...

A small meow came from the small kennel next to me. Senti's awake, finally. I take him out and set him on my lap. He extended himself towards the window and looked outside to see the busy train station begin to move slowly.

The train kept picking up speed, and soon I could see the beautiful landscapes from my window. Senti looked mortified,  and meowed at me like, 'What the actual fuck mom' I giggled at the thought of him actually saying that. But in less than a minute he was back at the window with curious eyes and what I could only imagine was a smile.

*Tack Tack Tack*

The cracking nocks on the compartment door startled me and drawed me out from my relaxed state. I opened the door with frustration, I was having such a nice time being relaxed. I leaned into the doorway as I opened it and came face to, way to close, face with a pale, hair gel glossed, boy, who had a look nasty enough to rival mine.

For the next second or so, neither of us moved an inch, waiting for the other to budge.
"Are you (Y/n)?" He said.
"Who's asking? With a helmet like that, I'm assuming your name has something to do with hair gel," I replied with fully intended shade.
"Obviously not," He slammed the door in my face and walked off.
I was shocked to say the least. Not knowing me by my face, I've been in the news paper countless times with my parents (One of the few times I see them). And the most shocking, the disrespect. Ugh, I truly hate some people. I barely even know this kid but he has managed to be first on my list of people to avoid. I flung the sliding door open and stepped into the hall.

"Oy, come back here!" I yelled. All the boy did was turn around and cross his arms. "I'm who you're looking for. I'm (Y/n) (L/n)"

He began to walk towards me.

"You?" He said in disbelief.

"Yes, me."

"Really? You don't look the part. I guess I have nothing to worry about,"

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"I'm saying that I don't need to act like your friend to prove a point,"

"Prove what point? That my family has more money than yours, Malfoy? Yep I can tell, you look and act too much like your mother,"

"Whatever," He says with a wounded ego.

"Ugh, with all the exchanged shade set aside, why don't you come sit with me in my compartment? It's a bit lonely and you just might have some dirt on something I've been curious about,"

"I have people that I'm already sitting with, uh- why don't you come sit with us, we're 5 compartments down," He said as he walked back to his compartment.

"If you don't mind I think I will,"

I grabbed my things, my cat, and my coat, and walked to the compartment, 5 down. There were 4 people in the compartment, three boys and a girl. The two boys were right next to each other while the girl had gotten up as soon as I had opened the door. I put my things in the spaces above the seats. I walked over to sit down next to the Malfoy boy, but as soon as I sat down, the girl had sat down in a rush. Practically shoving me out of the way, she bumped me harshly out of the way to get a spot next to the Malfoy boy. She was horridly unkept and just plain ugly in my opinion.

"Is that her?" A chubby boy asked.

"Yes that's her," The Malfoy boy asked.

"I see you've talked about me while I was on my way, how disrespectful," I say playfully.

"This is (Y/n) (L/n), I've invited her to sit with us until we get to the castle," He said proudly. Asif he was practically claiming me, or more my name. His face had this look of pride, like 'Yep I told a (L/n) what to do and she listened'. It was sweet, I guess.

"I see..." Said the girl who looked almost as bad as she smelled.

Everything went completely awkward. I had nothing to say to break the silence without sounding weird. But my mind had completely escaped me, I don't even know their names. I feel so desperate to impress them, or make an impression on them. I shouldn't feel obligated to make any friends, they should come crawling to me. But I'm not as arrogant as I try to appear. I know that would be silly to assume. I'm rich, not royal.

"So, I never caught your name," I said, "Well any of your names really"

"I'm Draco, this is Crabbe and Goyle, and that's Pansy Parkinson," The Malfoy boy said. A small snicker leaving my lips when he said Parkinson. Now I see why she's so bitter.

"It's nice to meet all of you," I take a quick look at all of them, but end up settling on Draco as I say this. Only because he's the one I feel I know the most. The chatter pecks on and on, after a while I decide to go get changed.

●○•°•○●○•°•○●○•°•○●TIME SKIP●○•°•○●○•°•○●○•°•○●

The train ride was over, the boats were ashore, and we were finally in the damn castle. I'm exhausted. I want  so damn badly to sleep in a bed. A real bed. But we still have the sorting ceremony. Ugh. I. Want. Bed.