Hood Nigga

Aerian 🍫

I've always been the quiet girl, more reserved and in my own lane. To me that's a blessing within itself, but also a curse. Middle and all throughout high school I was kinda a loner, only because I wasn't like other girls.

Instead of going to parties on the weekend. I would spend my time doing something more productive or stimulate my mind with knowledge, I liked it better that way. I'm not the prissy girl everyone thinks I am, actually I'm a lot of fun. But I just rather not deal with bs from other people, the less drama the better. So you can already guess that I don't have a lot of friends.

I really only have one actually, and we've been friends since middle school. The times when we weren't together I was shaggin' by my lonesome.

Here I am 20years of age, single as a fuck, paying my own bills, and making a name for myself in the cos industry. Success and having money is nice, but everybody gets lonely.

I've been alone for so long. I just want somebody to Love, give my all to, and get the same thing in return. A man who spoils me, and I spoil him, not just a lover but a friend, a partner. Is that too much to ask for? I guess so 😔.

~~

I had stopped by Chic-fil-a before going home after work, even tho I planned on cooking tonight. I'm just not in the mood for all that.

When I pulled to my building it was already dark out, it was June so there was a group of shirtless guys standing in the breeze way of my building conversing. When I tell y'all my stomach dropped, listen. I made sure I had everything that I needed, and just decided to come back for my hair suit case tomorrow since I didn't have clients tomorrow.

I hit the lock button my Nissan, a process to walk towards the stairs. "Hey Barbie" One of the guys spoke, which is something everyone called me in my building. I didn't take offense to it after they explained why they chose that nickname for me.

"Wassup y'all" I say softly, making my way upstairs. Two steps away from the top, my neighbors door opens. He came out in a tank top, basketball shorts, and Gucci slides. His long curly black hair was all over his head, in a cute way.

Let me tell y'all he is the finest light skin brother I've met out here.

I proceed to walk to my door like I didn't see him, sometimes if I don't speak first he will. "Aeri" He calls me, just as I get my key in my door. I smirk a little, then turn to face him.

"Hey Q, wassup?" I reply, leaning against my door. "Nothin' much, you just got off" With me being from the suburban area of Atlanta, and him the deeper southern part. His accent stood out to me, all of them did.

I liked his because he has a sexy voice to compliment it.

"Unfortunately... What are you doing with this hair of yours" I joke, reaching up to touch his soft hair. "Bad ain't it?" He says back, leaning down a little so I wouldn't have to reach high. "Not too bad... it's growing like crazy" I tell him, removing my hands from it. "Cause of that whateva' that shit is you gave me, got me runnin' to the barbershop and very week na" He smiles a little, and my knees get a little weak. Tho I held my self together.

"You got some mo' cause my little cousin edges bald and I can't stand it no mo'" He rolls his eyes, making me laugh. "You gone stop playing on my girl" I tell him, he smiles at me biting his lip. "I ain't gone hold you up Aeri, but say you tryn braid my hair up tomorrow? Or ima just cut it off" He says. I hand him what I was holding, taking the hair tie from around my wrist.

"Bend down here" I tell him, he does and I slap his hair up in a neat but messy man bun. "I got you Q... the day you cut your hair is the day we will fight in this hallway" I say, looking up at him, taking my things back.