Run!

I ran for my life, hoping t save myself before they caught me, before they could send me back to my own private hell. Tree branches scratched at my face, arms and legs, causing me to bleed. I didn’t care much, not at that moment anyway. Don’t let them catch me. Please don’t. I don’t want to live there any longer, locked up. Help. Help me. That was what I was thinking right at that moment.

The night sky was dark, no stars and definitely no moon. The air around e was damp and hot, and running didn’t help me to cool myself down. But tell me what; if you were to be either locked up or hot, which would you choose? I’d rather be sweating bullets than being in that room again , treated like I was just some kind of toy that you can play with whenever you want, then being thrown away.

Not knowing where I was going I fell into a hole, which was made for catching animals. If it was for dear or rabbits, or any kind of other living creature I had no idea. All I knew that it was a trap, which I fell into unwillingly. I started touching the tiny walls of soil of this little hole. It was deep and because of the darkness I couldn’t see the opening. I started to breath heavily with panic and claustrophobia. I felt the walls closing into themselves, coming closer and closer to me. “HELP!!!!” I shouted. I wanted someone other than them to help me. They were evil and only meant harm. My parents had warned me….. before they died. And before I ever knew who - or what I should probably say – they actually were. And right after my parents died, I found out that they killed them, and so that captured me. The people whom I thought I  could call my friends.

Yeah! They were my so called friends. The ones I trusted with my deepest secrets. They killed my whole family, and then took me as a prisoner.  And the reason to why they did it? Simple! I was the key to some treasure. That was why. Because I was some kind of key.

An ending of a rope came to view in my little hole, which seemed to be taking my oxygen by the minute. I held on to it as tightly as I could and then I was slowly pulled up. I felt fear as I thought that out there I’d find Eric, Jenna and Ludwig waiting to take back to their abandoned home, to continue torturing me. At that moment I actually thought of letting the rope go, but I actually preferred being tortured then escape, than staying in that damned little hole.

I squeezed my eyes shut. The least I could do is not seeing what they were going to do to me.

I felt the gush of air suddenly hugging my skin and I knew I was out. A pair of hands slowly pulled me to a side on the dried soil. I felt a shiver of fright pass through me. Don’t let me go through this one more time. Release me please I thought. Then I felt someone next to me. I wanted to run. Run and save my ass. But I sat down, because I knew if it would be Ludwig the one sitting next to me, he’d probably make me wish I was dead for trying to escape.

“Are you ok?” a male voice asked me. It had a velvety sound, but still manly. It definitely wasn’t Ludwig, or Eric or Jenna. I opened my eyes slowly to find myself in front of a boy maybe my age, 19 or something. I shook my head as an answer. “No” I replied in a weak tired voice. He took my hand and brought me to my feet. “C’mon. I’ll give you a place to stay for the night” he said softly.

Suddenly I heard footsteps. I knew they were close.  I wanted to run but this boy kept me standing there in front of him.

“I need to hide” I said. “I need to hide now.”