Chapter Twenty-Eight: King's Cross Station

Start from the beginning

"Right away," the waitress smiled back as she wrote down the remaining orders.

Tom and Ophelia looked at each other when they noticed everyone's eyes were on them after the waitress walked away. Brushing it off, Ophelia walked over to the seat next to Nicole whilst Tom sat next to Avery.

"I can't believe you two were going to have a breakfast date here," Nicole was the first to acknowledge the pair properly.

"I can't believe Ophelia is early for the train, for once in her goddamn life!" Emory scoffed as he took a sip of his tea.

"She was forty-five minutes late, we planned to meet at nine," Tom said. Ophelia didn't know if he was backing her or proving everyone's point that she was always late, but it was definitely the latter.

"I can't believe you lot didn't invite us along with your group breakfast date," Ophelia leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms turning her nose from the group.

"In all fairness Lia, you're always late for the train, you nearly missed it for the third year running in September," Morgandy disclosed with Ophelia and the rest of the group.

"And, your point is? An invite would have been nice," Ophelia obnoxiously answered as she gave a fake pout.

"You're cute when you're mad," Abner beamed, to which he earned unimpressed looks from both Tom and Emory.

"Are you saying that I'm not cute when I'm not mad?" Ophelia challenged.

"No, no, not at all, you're cute all the time, just cuter when you're mad!" Abner masked his previous verdict.

"Why thank you, Abner, for your kind words!" Ophelia acknowledged Abner's cover-up, as she and the rest of the group began to laugh.

"For Merlin's sake, Lia, you hate him as much as me," Nicole whispered into her ear.

"Awh c'mon, Nick," Ophelia let out a low laugh, "you and I both know you don't hate him."

Ophelia, Nicole and Dove began to gossip among themselves as they waited for their food to come. It wasn't until Tom and Avery got involved that soon the whole table was involved in the girls' conversation about Ophelia's abnormal family. The conversation was interrupted when the original waitress returned with a few others as well as some of the kitchen staff, all carrying the breakfasts of the young wizards and witches.

When the last plate was placed in front of Ophelia, the original waitress returned to give Tom and Ophelia their drinks, correctly placing them in front of each other without asking. The smell of Tom's strong black coffee ran through Ophelia's nose as she tried her best not to concentrate on it.

"How's your cousin Tirion doing, Lockwood?" Caspian inquired from the other side of the table.

"She's coping, it's not every day that your dad frames someone else's dad for murder and tries to get away with it," Ophelia let out an awkward laugh as she remembered Tirion's break down just three days' prior.

"It's understandable, the girl's family has literally been torn apart, obviously you cannot help it but you did the right thing, guys," Edison assured the group, "it was a shock to all of us, my dad told me everything after it came out it was actually Gethin who murdered your uncle, Ophelia."

"We just wanted you to know that we knew it was never your dad, Rune," Archer reassured Rune, "we know your dad, and we know he would never do such a horrid thing."

"Thank you guys," Rune smiled as he looked to the boys.

"It was quite a shock, but thanks to Tom, we have the right person locked up," Avery smiled.