Chapter 4

As the day goes by, you did what you could, you forged what you can, your old man can't help sometimes so you have to work all alone, can't blame him, he's old.

As the day of claiming approaches you grew weary, you don't know if you can forge all the weapons that the general bestowed upon you, but you didn't let the negativity get the best of you, still you forge the finest weapon you can make until....

The 10th month~
As you do your work you huff and pant, exhausted from forging. Suddenly you hear horses galloping from afar. You stop what your doing and went outside to see the commotion.

You see 3 huge carraiges, one is empty the other 2 carriage full of weapons, and one small carriage. Infront you see the General on his horse with helmet on.

"General Kiloff I-" the general stopped you in your mid sentence, he took his helmet off.

"Before you speak, please understand that I didn't expect any blacksmith around Accreton to finish the order, but what i expect from them is that they did their best"

"Are the weapons ready to go?" General. Kiloff asked you

"Y-yes, the weapons are ready to be taken away" you said, the general nod.

"Hurry men take the weapons, and bring their reward" Two men carried 2 crates full of food.

"Wow, that's a lot" your father wishpered.

"I'm sorry if the reward is not what you expected" the general said.

"Oh no, it's fine really, we didn't really expect this much" your father said joyfully.

"I'm glad you're okay with it. Are the weapons ready?" Kiloff said

"Yes'sir the weapons are ready for transport"

"Good, once again thank you for your service, the king will appriciate your service"

"Thank you general" both you and your father said.

They turn around and head to the castle.

"Oh, before i go, would you like to join the army (Y/n)?"

"Wha-what?! Me?? In the army??"

"WHAT?! (Y/n) in the army??" You and your father jaws dropped.

"(Y/n) is strong enough to weild a sword, let alone swing one, but it was.... a suggestion, well farewell then"

Me in the army?! That's....... awesome.

"(Y/n) in the army?? That's absurd..... he's a young man, and i won't let him stay here with an old man like me for long" Henry thought to himself.

(Got tired of calling him "father" all the time.)

"Tell me (Y/n)... do you... want to join?" Henry said.

"Wh-what?? I.... I don't... but what about you and mother?? I just can't leave you here, I have to help you guys" Henry sighed

"I can't let you stay here forever, life is a journey that can be travelled once. Listen (Y/n), don't let us bring you down"

"But you're not, i just..."

"We are not going to let you cooped up here, we're going to discuss this after dinner"

After Dinner~
"Absolutely NOT!!" Lisa(mother) shouted.

"Lisa inside voice-" Henry tried to calm Lisa down.

"I won't let (Y/n) join in a suicide battalion, No, that's final"

"It's not suicide Lisa-"

"I said NO, I won't let my baby boy join in army..." Lisa faced the counter placed both hand and started to sob.

"I can't lose another child"

"Wha-" you sat there dumbfounded and Henry approached Lisa and tried to comfort her.

"There, there, i know it's hard to lose someone, but we can't dwell in the painful past, we move on, that's.... our nature"

"Sniff* i don't want him to go but..... i know we can't keep him here" Lisa looked at you tenderly.

"I think (Y/n) is old enough to know the truth" Henry sighed and nodded.

Henry went to the kitchen drawer and took a basket and place it infront of you.

"W-what's this?" You said with a concerned voice.

Henry sat across the table with Lisa beside him.

"You're adopted"

"It was cold and stormy night, we were awoken with a knock of the door, not just a knock but a cry from a baby. I went downstairs to check the noise. When i opened the door i saw you, there was a note on top of the baby"

You reached for the note inside the basket and opened it.

The note reads:

"We can not take care of him, i'm sorry for the trouble, take good care of him"

And inside the note there was a necklace with a silver ring.

You gently lift the necklace until it was infront of your face

"Why.... why not tell me...?"

"We wanted to but... we couldn't, you were so happy, we can't bare to see you sad"

"We had a child of our own (Y/n), and he's suppose to be the same age you are now" Lisa said.

"A stillborn" Henry added

You look at them, devastated, you looked at the necklace, you didn't realize tears began to flow down on your cheeks. You sweep your tears and put on the necklace.

"It's your choice (Y/n)" Henry said.

"I..... I will keep the kingdom safe"

You decided to join the army, they didn't stop, but encourage you, always do your best. In the morning you packed your thing and sheath the sword your father made. You said your goodbye and embraced them one last time. And head to the castle.

------------------------------------------------------
Alright! Sorry to wait this long, for those who are wondering when's the next update and....

TA-DA!! Here's your update, so so so sorry it took this long, didn't really have the time to write this but hey, hope this ain't dissapointing, and look at the day, almost summer which means..... more update!! Yay!! I think, as long as i dont procrastinate.

Well that's the end of chapter 4 and as always sorry for the bad grammar

C
Y
@ later, Bubye!!