Ready Or Not

ZENDAYA POV

"Bibby how'd you find my room"

"So this is where you been? I haven't seen you in a year"

"That was the point of me leaving Brandon. I couldn't be around you anymore. It was best for you"

He laughed and shook his head "how can you tell me what's best for me!" He raised his voice

"Okay can you stop before you wake up the whole floor, damn" I stepped to the side so he could come in

"I'm not too sure I wanna come in, I'm honestly feeling like this might have been a mistake"

I nodded my head "that's fine" I closed the door in his face

I stood there about ten seconds before I pulled the door open and found him with his hand up about to knock on the door. He grabbed me and engulfed me in a tight hug

"How could you just leave like that" he whispered while backing us up into the room and kicking the door closed with his foot. He finally let me go and looked at me

"Why'd you do it" he sat down in one of the chairs. Waiting for me to answer

"I already told you Brandon it was bes-"

"Don't give me that bullshit zendaya! How do you know what's best for me. You were suppose to be what was best for me and you just up and left! I went to your house to check on you and all your shit was gone. You didn't text you didn't call or even like an Instagram picture so that I knew you were alive. You didn't say goodbye to anyone you didn't say goodbye to me...."

"I did say goodbye to Ari I just didn't tell her where I was going"

"So she was the only one that deserved a goodbye!"

My eyes started to burn from holding back tears "Brandon your life was in danger if I stayed around you! Herbo life was in danger, Ari and Jr life was in danger. You have a son and I wouldn't be the reason that Jr had to grow up without a father and I wouldn't be the reason that the person I love ended up dead. Lucas is insane and if being away from you keeps you safe then staying away from you is exactly what I'm gonna do. Sorry if you don't agree"

He stood up and walked across the room to me. "The person you love?"

"I didn't say that" I looked down at the floor

He lifted my face up by my chin "that's exactly what you just said Zendaya. So is there something you wanna tell me?" He sat next to me on the bed

"Brandon you've always known how I've felt about you so don't do this"

"Nahh I don't know how you feel. I never got the chance to know how you feel. Cause when we were around each other you played hard to get and when we finally have a chance to possibly get things right you up and leave. So again I ask you... is there something you want to say to me?"

"Brandon I love you! But I also loved Zach and he was killed right in front of me by the person that hates us most. I never even got to tell Zach that I loved him and he died without knowing that I felt the same"

"Zendaya I am sorry about Zach and I'm sorry you had to be a witness to his death and you didn't get to tell him you love him but you can't sit here and tell me that you don't think he knows you felt the same"

"You don't get it. Do you know why Lucas killed him?"

"To prove a point"

"He killed him because I chose to save you. That bullet had your name on it! But I put my body in front of yours and not Zach. And it kill me everyday to know I'm the reason he is dead, but the alternative... being life without you? It was worse"