Chapter 3

As the years went on Fandral and Gunnhild almost forgot about being betrothed. The key word is almost. They both dated many people and were known as players. They were some of the most desirable people in all of the nine realms. Which did not sit well with Odin, but he could do nothing about it, because they weren't married yet.

Gunnhild's POV

My 1500 birthday was fast approaching , and I was scared out of my wits. I was to marry the day after my birthday. We had been planning the wedding for months, and it was getting increasingly awkward between me and Fandral.
We had never been a couple, so we didn't know if we were going to work out. We were best friends but marriage material for each other, no way. I have to spend the rest of my life with this man and no other. I desperately hope it works.

Fandral POV

I am nervous about the wedding, I am not ready to marry now or ever. I want to be single forever. At least I get to marry one of my best friends. I am truly regretting that promise we made to each other when we were young. I don't know if I can only be with her for the rest of my life, which is a very long time.

Gunnhild's POV

It was the day of my birth, and to celebrate we were having a ball. Which in my opinion is a terrible idea, I hate balls. I have to wear itchy dresses and pretend to be nice to everyone.
It is my last day of freedom and I am freaking out. My goal for the day is to kiss as many people as possible. Because in less than 24 hours I can only be with one man, and that is very scary.