1

*Trixie's POV*

*4 week earlier*

"We are still going to talk every day, don't worry! You just won't see me in person for a while", Katya said, trying to calm me down.

"Promise?" I asked her, not wanting to let go of her.

"Of course, I'm still here, not just "here" you know" she said, patting my back.

God, I'm going to miss this idiot.

I had a long week of promo ahead of me in NYC. 15 interviews 4 panels was on my to-do list for today. I usually never get nervous when I comes to interviews, but this time, it was different.

The last interview on the list for today was for "The Build Series".

Knowing they weren't afraid of getting into details, I hoped that todays interview would be different. I knew the interview was supposed to be about All Stars 3, but I had a feeling we would get questions about things that didn't have anything to do with this season of RPDR.

All the queens were escorted to a small waiting room, where we were told to relax until we got called for our interview.

I looked around the room, and as I did, my stomach tied into a knot. On the mirror, sitting on the wall in the corner of the room, was a picture of Katya and I, from when we were her a couple of weeks ago, while doing promo for The Trixie&Katya Show. I felt tears burning behind my eyelids, threatening to fall down my makeup covered cheeks.

"I miss her too", a voice whispered in my ear.

I turned around, finding Shangela standing behind me, looking at the picture of Katya and me.

"Queens, gather around! You are on in 2 minutes" a voice yelled.

I took one last look at the picture before going on the stage for the interview.

The interview started and I tried my best to seem interested. I commented on a few questions and cracked a couple of jokes, and I think my plan worked. Everything was going well, and just as I thought the interview was over, some of the audience members had questions.

A tall guy in the back of the room stood up, and as he asked his question, I just wanted to disappear.

My heart started racing and once again, my stomach turned into a knot.

"...Do any of you want to comment on having to put your mental health aside to pursue a drag career?"

The question echoed in my head. No, why, this was going so well, why did you have to ask that??

As the other queens started discussing the question, I had to do everything in my power to hold back the tears. I decided to look down, pretending to be fixing what my shoe, hoping that no on would notice.

Shangela even mentioned Katya, saying how we all supported her and that what see had done was super strong, and I know that I should have commented on it, but I knew that if I would've tried, there would be no way I could've held back my tears.

Instead I decided to sit quite, fidgeting with my hands and feet, wishing nothing more then for this interview to be over.

As we walked off the stage, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, and once again, Shangela was right behind me. She just looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Let's go out and celebrate a successful day of promo!" Milk suggested

All of the other queens like the idea.

"I think I'll pass this one, I don't feel to well... I probably just need some rest" I said, not feeling in the mood to celebrate.

We got back to our hotel, and the other girls de-draged and got ready for a night out.

As soon as I got back to my hotel room, I took my phone and dialed Katyas number.

I heard the signals loud and clear, like I had done for the past 4 weeks. No answer, so I decided to leave a message.

"Hi Brian. How are you? I miss you." 
The tears that I had tried so hard to hide the entire day, finally won the battle, and I could feel them slowly rolling down my cheeks.

"You promised", I whispered, as I hung up the phone.