Chapter 00: Prologue

Destination despair high

Hope's peak Academy, the school was a symbol of hope that people said if you graduate you'll be set for life. The ones who attend this prestigious academy are the ones known as Ultimates. To be an Ultimate you have to be the very best at what you do and hope that the academy scouts you. I have been given the opportunity to attend this academy of hope. I should introduce myself, my name is Okarine Hasagarwa and I've been granted the title of Ultimate Archer. I'm from a small village on the outskirts of Kyoto and I recently gained ownership of my family's dojo, where I practice my archery every day. It had never crossed my mind that I would eventually be stood in this position. My ahoge waved with exhilaration. The colossal structure of Hope's Peak stood proudly as the country's symbol of hope. The long, wide sleeves of my red and white archer's uniform and my dark grey hair wafted in the wind. I grasped my acceptation letter in my left hand and my smile was full of optimism. However as soon as I stepped through the gates I felt all the strength leave my body then everything went black...

My consciousness slowly crept back to me; it became apparent that I was slumped at a desk. What's going on? Where am I? So many unanswered questions plagued my mind as I tried to take in my surrounding with a still blurred vision. When I fully regained my awareness, I found myself in a classroom but something seemed odd, all the windows were covered by large sheet of iron or steel. The sheets appeared to have been bolted to the window frames and when I attempted to remove one, it didn't even budge an inch. I felt my chest get tighter as fear set in. I tried to retrace my footsteps of how I got here but my memories were still hazy. I glanced back over to the desk to find a small slip of folded paper. The note was written it was seemed to be crayon with a doodle of a bear's face, it said," welcome to this wonderful establishment and ya new world! The semester starts at 8am at the gym so don't be late!" It looked like a child had written it, what kind of joke is this? As I scanned the room I found a clock located above a hefty green chalk board. 7:30 Am. I hastily slid open the classroom door to leave. The hallway was illuminated in a soft blue light which made it feel that much more isolated. There wasn't a single person around as I wandered the halls searching for the gym, worry started to settle in, what happens if I'm here all alone? When I eventually found the gym I swung the door open and found six other people around my age, they must be some of the other Ultimates. I read about the other Ultimates online but I felt a bit intimidated by their presence even though I was one of the Ultimates as well. I nervously glanced around but I was definitely relived that I wasn't alone.

The Ultimate Musical Actress, Yuki Tairu, stood in the centre of the gym wearing an above knee length pink and black kimono with an oversized bow at the back and a matching pink flower decorated her hair. Her flowing locks were like gold and were worn in a high pony tail with a strand of hair loose on each side. Her crystal blue eyes sparkled and were so full of life. Standing not too far away from her was the Ultimate Journalist, Naski Shinomiya, wearing a black and gray suit with a white shirt which made him look older than he was. His chocolate brown hair was gelled up right and his eyes looked as if they wear closed. Stood in the corner with his arms crossed was the Ultimate weapons expert, Kentaro Yasohachi. He wore a long dark brown coat; that kind of looked like something a rogue from an RPG would wear, with a pair of navy blue jeans. His dark green eyes enclosed hints of malice behind them and his hair was snow white. On the other side of the gym stood the Ultimate drummer, Kazuya Asagiri, and by the looks of things she seemed pretty hyper. Her green tornado like hair bounced about as she began to fidget and her green eyes darted back and forth. She wore a crimson jacket with spikes on the shoulders, a bandage like top just around her chest, a pair of ripped blue shorts and loose purple leg warmers.