Chapter 18--Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

     Taking advantage of the fact that Guinevere's ghost was a powerful Fetch, Lisa Ravensdale made an attempt to lure people into the attic and get them killed. Having discovered that the source was a knife, Lisa lured a servant girl into the attic and she was soon ghost touched. 

M.U Barnes stated 'Lisa then thought that since Lockwood and Co. is a very small group compared to the Fittes and Rotwells Group, they would make an easier target for the ghost.' 

     'What she didn't know was that Lockwood and Co. is a very famed group that can handle themselves.' said Mr. Lockwood with a light chuckle. When our Times reporters asked what her motive was, this is what he replied 'Ms. Lisa is a greedy person and she wanted more than her fame--she wanted to be Raven's Charm's head and acquire position of the grand manor. What can I say? People like that exist.' with a shake of his head.

     Meanwhile, this news devastated Mrs. Elizabeth Ravensdale, Lisa Ravensdale's aunt and head of Raven's Charm and is now in a state of shock and denial. She says her niece would never do that and she is a good person. But the death of Ms. Arisa Bradley, 21, is not something that could have been a coincidence. She was a servant in the Ravensdale household and was lured to the attic where Guinevere's ghost was waiting so that Mrs. Ravensdale would be forced to take the haunting seriously.

     Mr. Barnes said 'DEPRAC has now fully taken control of the situation and have arrested Ms. Lisa who will be transferred to a mental hospital the following morning for therapy.' 

     Unfortunately, this means the leading face of fashion will now be condemned to a lifetime of prison. This scandal means disaster for the fashion world with their top model and designer now in mental therapy.

 'I'm just glad that Lockwood and Co. was able to get to the bottom of this before more people got hurt.' Mr. Lockwood stated.

Full Barnes and Lockwood interviews: see pages 3-6

'Fashion's Runaway?'- Lisa's ideas: see pages 7-9

More Problem Theories- see pages 10-14

"There is nothing on here. Absolutely nothing. Remind me why we have to hide the truth again?" I asked sarcastically, looking at Lockwood from over the top of the paper.

"Come on, Luce. You know why. Barnes said that if we told the public Lisa wanted revenge from us because we killed her father, Steve Rotwell, do you think that's going to go down well? It's going to leave behind all kinds of questions like why we killed him, what was he doing and other stuff that I really don't think we can cover up. It's going to give us quite a bit of trouble." Lockwood replied calmly. "But hey, don't you think I did a pretty good job? Coming up with a cover story like that?" Lockwood snapped his fingers.

"Mmhmm..." I replied, distracted, reading the newspaper article.

"Guys! Breakfast's ready!" Holly called from the kitchen. We all raced over, as hungry as wolves. We hadn't eaten since last night. We had simply collapsed on our beds. I slept as soon as my head hit the pillow and Holly stayed over with me so she slept on the floor.

"Right then. This is what I call breakfast." George said, feasting his eyes on the tea, jam scones, bacon and toast, chocolate spread, fruit loops cereal and a gigantic pineapple cake with cream frosting. "Wait...Holly, is that a vegetable salad I see? And nuts? And an apple? Don't tell me that's your breakfast!" George said, alarmed.

"Yes, it is. I do love a good salad." Holly said and took a forkful of salad and stuffed it in her mouth.

"To each his own." Kipps said. I'd forgotten we had invited him over for breakfast. Well, now the team was complete, I suppose. And in our own way we all contributed to our victory yesterday. It amazes me how I ever thought they were all better off without me. Lockwood raised his tea cup and toasted "To Lockwood and Co."

"To Lockwood and Co." we all said in unison.

After breakfast, I went up to my room and saw the ghost jar sitting there.

"Where was my invitation to your little party downstairs, huh?" the skull snorted. "Admit it! You couldn't have done it without me." it snided.

"Pretty sure we could have." I replied. I looked out the window and after a few moments, I added "But thank you, skull."

"Huh? What did you say" it chided.

"I said thank you!"

"Huh? What?"

Then suddenly, came a knock outside my door. I reached the handle and gave it a turn.

"Hello Lockwood. Come on in."

"Hi, Luce. I hope I'm not disturbing you."

"No, no you're not."

"Great." Lockwood gave me a warm smile and I smiled back. We stared into each other's eyes for a few moments. Lockwood cleared his throat. "So, how are you doing? I just wanted to make sure you didn't have any silly second thoughts about leaving or whatever." he said fidgeting with his coat.

"No, don't worry. I'm never leaving again."

"That's amazing, Luce. Lockwood and Co. can't survive without Lucy Carlyle." he grinned at me. I don't know what came over me or if I was planning on doing it at all but I put my hands on Lockwood's shoulders, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. 

I smiled and said "Thank you, Lockwood." 

Lockwood just stood and stared at me with shock. After a few seconds his expression melted into a soft smile and he grabbed my hand. We just stood there, holding hands and comforting in each other's presence. 

I, for one, couldn't be any happier.   

**Author's Note**

Here it is, everyone! The final chapter of Lockwood and Co. The Queen's Spirit! I started writing this in the summer of 2017 in around July and now it's March 2018. So much time has gone by and I have 2.48 K views now on this book which is way more than I thought I'd ever achieve. Thank you so much for all of my readers who stayed with this book till the very end (I hope you liked my fanservice at the end of this chapter haha). I'm so glad that people have been voting and commenting and it has really been an amazing experience for me! So thank you again for being so supportive! 

Thank you again for reading Lockwood and Co. The Queen's Spirit. 

--Blue